Ch-104 A Seer And Her Vision

2006

Volterra had never been the same since the intrusion of Bella Swan, Edward and Alice Cullen, and what made it more so was Alice's vision.

That was where the kings and the Guard were always divided on, even after a year, they still had lingering conflicts that threatened to break them to the point where two of the closest, Jane and Alec distanced themselves from one another.

On one end, Marcus, Alec, Demetri, Felix and Heidi believed what Alice had told them, that what she saw in some way would connect the events of the past and future.

They believed that Celine and Korashia weren't there, Alice said that she saw Aro with Celine, then that meant that she would actually wake up one day, it was this belief that kept Marcus woke enough to not lose himself to sorrow once again, it was what he told himself to attend to trials every morning.

Alec and Jane once had an argument a few months after they had gone to Forks to check on the newborn army that was hunting for Bella, and also to make sure that they won't cause more chaos.

Alec disagreed with his sister when she declared that they would let the newborns do what they were meant for, to kill Bella and the Cullens, partially because she felt Bella was a threat to their kind and also because Alice had given the Volturi false hope that tore them apart.

Alec wanted to speak to the seer in private in a more nicer way to simply put it, but it seemed that his sister prevailed her and they seemed to make their relationship with the Cullens more hostile when Felix killed Bree Tanner.

So on the other side were the skeptics, who were Aro, Caius, Jane and Renata who believed that Alice lied to them for getting herself alive, and that was why Aro couldn't see her so called vision.

Aro made the Cullens a target in his alliances, the opportunity to wipe them out for good was his last resort, of course this decision was nothing but a rash decision.

He couldn't just blame the Cullens for something that they didn't commit, he needed a valuable reason to prove, his first opportunity was Bella Swan for Edward was hesitant on changing them but that was demolished when Carlisle had sent them a message informing him that Bella was now part of their coven.

He thought there wasn't any reason left.

Until Irina Denali made a visit.

.....

The Cullen household was what one could call a utopia, the keys of a piano were being played by young Renesmee Cullen, her father sitting beside her watching her with admiration.

Bella Swan, now Bella Cullen along with Jacob Black were spectators to the show, Bella looking at her daughter with her utmost attention, her eyes on the keys that Nessie skilfully played.

Rosalie and Emmet, the former now less hostile towards her new sister, was also watching Renesmee, the little girl was probably the only reason that led her to stand in Bella's presence for more than ten minutes with respect.

Nearby, Esme and Carlisle played a game of chess, unlike many, the couple showed no signs of frustration as was common, for Esme only smiled when Carlisle took out of her bishops.

Alice Cullen came into the living, a vase in her hand, fresh flowers just put in, she smiled hearing Nessie's lullaby, but soon her eyes went wide as she was taken out of the house.

Her eyes seeing eerily familiar black cloaks, the crest of the most dangerous coven hanging from their necks, their numbers were large and intimidating.