Epilogue

The sky was a billion pure eyes of light and the green grass underfoot, it was as if night and day had become one. Dawn had come.

It was a time in Volterra where humans didn't rise, the stone streets were deserted, for people had only started to greet the morning once more.

She flew for hours in the dead of the night, free and far, her wings piercing through the tranquil night as she felt the wind like she had never before, admiring the view of the city from above.

She felt like Selene herself, the one with the moon, who watched over her creations, vampires and werewolves alike, the light of the moon and the silence gave her peace from the chaos that would emerge in her home in the crack of dawn.

However, her time in the skies wasn't forever and she knew she had to come down sooner or later and be ready for another day of manic in the castle.

When the rosy fingered Dawn came over to take the skies from Selene, it was also a call for Celine to go back to the castle, this state reminded her of the times she was too lazy to wake up from bed like Claudia.

Celine knew inhaled a deep breath as she dove down towards the towering castle, mere minutes before humans would come back and claim the streets, her shoe-clad foot met with the marble floors of the balcony in her room.

Rays of sunlight escaped from it as she stepped inside closing the doors for safety, the twins were about to wreak havoc, it was only a matter of time, and she needed to be ready for that and also to rehearse her apologies for the poor Guard.

Unsurprisingly, on her bad sat Marcus, his eyes scanning through a book in his hand, his fingers covering the title so she couldn't read it, hearing her coming in, he closed the book with a smile and rushed towards her.

"Accio."

She muttered, her wings summoning back into her skin, a pinch on her spine as it disappeared entirely, her skin instantly healing leaving behind a patch of dried blood.

She rushed his open arms with a wide smile, closing the distance between them as she placed a kiss on his lips, she knew she needed a little more encouragement to go out of the room to face what the twins, primarily one of them had in store for her.

"Did you enjoy your free time?" He mumbled, pulling away, his forehead resting against her's.

"Yes, though I really wish I had more." She sighed, kissing him once more before slithering out of his arms, walking to the mirror, picking up the soaked cloth from the bowl of water.

"Here, let me do that." Marcus insisted, speeding over to her, snatching the rag from her hand, wringing it once to drain the excess water, and then proceeded to slowly wipe the blood off her back.

"Has he woken up yet?" She asked out of the blue, mentally preparing herself.

"He's still asleep but Phae's awake." He answered, she could hear the resign in his voice meaning he too wasn't prepared for what was to come.

"Did Alec or Korashia do anything to her yesterday?"

She heard him chuckle from behind. "Not Alec but Korashia did lightly scold her for stealing her book from her room."

"Poor Rashia." Celine shook her head.

"Five euros that she will start screaming in five minutes." Marcus grinned, wringing the cloth once more, this time the water was diluted in pink.

"Since when did you start placing bets on people?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Since all of this began, thought I may do something rather than watch the show. Also, Demetri said it would be...fun." He explained adding the last with a cringe.