Ch-30 Only One Person

Celine spent the rest of the night crying herself to sleep and convincing herself what she did was right and it was the only way she could recover.

Her eyes were red and puffy in the morning as she layed in her bed staring at the chandelier in the ceiling.

Her heart was hollow like it was pierced by an iron stake, never to heal again unless she had her kings by her side.

Heidi and Chelsea had come just moment before this, trying to coerce her to at least open the door but soon left after Celine not responding.

Only a day before, everything was normal and happy. She laughed around and stole kisses with her mates, ran around with the Guard for fun, went on to tease her children.

It was all for nothing, all these lasting memories shattered. All because of one lie.

A lie could be so powerful, so destructive, it was the most lethal of all poisons and she realized that now.

Because of one lie, she couldn't even go back to reviving her old hobbies like playing her violin.

Every time she looked at it, it seemed to stare at her as if trying to tell her that she doesn't deserve to play such a magnificent instrument. Ironic.

A knock sounded on her and she inwardly groaned.

"Who is it?" Her voice was still hoarse from all the crying.

"It's Jane, mother." A soft and sweet voice responded from the other side of the door.

If this was another time, she would've been ecstatic to talk to her daughter, would've loved to know what she had to say.

But no.

Her daughter surely had a part in torturing her mother. Celine wasn't stupid enough to not notice that.

"What do you want?" She asked.

"You need to eat, mother. Please open the door." Jane said worriedly.

"I'm alright." Celine lied.

"Please! You don't even have to look at me. I can bring the food here." She pleaded, her voice sounded desperate.

Did she really think of her as someone who didn't want to see their faces?

She didn't want to see them but for some reason Jane's words made her blood boil.

"Since when do you care so much, Jane?" She asked bitterly.

There was silence on the other side for a few seconds. "Ever since you stepped foot in this palace, since you've been my mother."

"Well daughter, what would you do if it was me that was in that dungeon?"

There was a silence once again. "I... would do the same."

"I'm glad you understand."

"But please! What can I do to make you at least open the door and eat?" She begged, her voice laced with sadness.

Though Celine couldn't see it, she knew there were venoms tears in her eyes right now.

Heck, even Celine had another round of tears ready to burst.

She got up from her bed and sauntered to the door, her steps were slow and wobbly. She stopped and pressed her head on the door.

"I want my mother."

.....

Geraltine Burnwood sat in her prison cell humming a tune that she remembered Celine playing with her violin.

The woman heard the earth shattering screams that had echoed through out the castle last night.

She knew it was Celine.

When she heard it, all Geraltine wanted to do was to break out of the cell and pounce on the so called mates that hurt her.

Drowned in her thoughts, she didn't notice the footsteps that came to her direction until she felt her cell being opened.

She looked up to see it was the Witch Twins and the shield-breaker, the latter was now the bane of her existence.

"My favourite Volturi guards." She smiled lazily. "What brings you here?"

"My mother wants to see you." Jane sneered.

Geraltine blinked. Her mother? Did her daughter really adopt someone? A witch twin? Both of them?

"Well, that makes you my grand daughter." She grinned and looked at Alec. "And you, my grandson."

They didn't say anything instead grabbed her by the arms and pulled her up and shoved her forward.

"You know you should never do that to your young grandma, right?" She asked following Matteo who lead them.

Jane scoffed, Alec ignored her but Matteo had an impy grin on his face. Geraltine noticed this and gave him a grin back.

Bane or not, he was her favourite.

"So should I call you my grandson too?" She raised an eyebrow.

"No, her Vampiness is like my older sister." He said.

They finally reached the door of her daughter's bedroom.

Geraltine had to admit, it looked like pure royalty. In her time here, not her or even the kings lived in such riches.

Times change. She thought.

Jane knocked on the door and a few seconds later, a hoarse voice croaked out from inside.

"Is she with you?"

Geraltine's unbeating heart dropped, she sounded so weak and so tired. This was nothing like her happy and effervescent daughter.

Jane was about to answer when she cut the girl off. "Cela, it's me. Your mother."

She heard shuffling on the other side and fast paced footsteps coming to them.

The door was opened by none other than her daughter.

Geraltine and everyone else gasped. Celine's eyes were swollen and red and had new tears forming again. Her hair was matted and tangled, it looked a bird's nest. Her face looked sunken in and she looked even paler.

"Mother?" She whispered in disbelief, in doubt that her eyes were deceiving her.

"Cela." She cried before pulling her into a tight hug, careful as to not hurt her.

"Let's go inside." She said pulling away and opening the door for her.

"Mother." Jane whispered and Celine looked at her.

Jane and Alec looked as equally as distraught as Geraltine was. For once, Celine thought of she would feel if her mother now refused to see her.

Her lips twitched into a very small but noticeable smile that was more than enough for the twins and they smiled widely.

At least she smiled at them.

With that Celine closed the door after Geraltine went in.