Ch-61 My Daughter Is Not Naive

Fenix heard a multitude of voices near him.

They all seemed so faint and far at first, he felt his back laying on a soft mattress, a blanket wrapped around him.

He felt a dull throb on his left thigh, at first his subconscious mind was confused of everything but it seemed to hit him soon enough.

Claudia had stabbed him and ran away.

His leafy green eyes shot open and he took in a sharp breathe, his sudden movements alerting the people that were surroundings him.

His blurry vision could make out the outlines of four figures, he expected it to be Castella and her soldiers.

He tried to get up but winced when his thigh shot in pain, he was gently pushed back to lay down by a woman.

His blinked multiple times, his vision zoning in on the woman he'd least expected to see.

"H-Hela?" He croaked, then his eyes scanned the other three people.

It was Moira, Dean and the one person who he blamed for all of this mess, Marcus.

"You!" He growled at the king in anger once again trying to get up feeling the urge to pounce on him but Hela pushed him back, this time a bit more forcefully.

Dean, with a glare at the Dominician, stood infront of  his king in defence.

"Fenix, don't stress yourself." The young woman advised as Moira brought up a glass of water.

He shakily took the glass from, Hela steadying his hand as he took huge gulps ridding himself of the dryness in his throat.

He passed it back to the woman and she set it down the table and moved away and Moira walked nearer to him taking his hand and squeezing, her old voice already calming him.

"Where am I?" The knight mumbled.

"You're back at the palace, we found you unconscious and injured where I left you with Claudia and now we can't find her." Hela explained from afar.

"Tell me what happened, Fenix. Where is Claudia?" Fenix could easily separate the worry from Moira's voice, she was like a mother to the princess, even more so than her actual one.

By the way, who wasn't here right now.

"She left..."

He snarled, glaring at Marcus and pointed at him.

"...because of him."

"Nonsense! Fenix, I want to know what happened in detail, not to throw an accusation at the king." She scolded.

"He's right, Moira." Marcus said, sighing. All eyes were on the king as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"It's all my fault, I should've seen it coming, I should've never even agreed to this arrangement in the first place."

"I think it's a little too late to think about that now, since she's already gone....because of you." Fenix muttered earning a pinch on his bandaged thigh by Moira.