Ch-42 The Boiling Point

Cera didn't know what to think when Calaius had pulled out her chair for her to sit.

June and Allan were already surprised when he even came downstairs with Cera and even a bit shocked when they saw him holding her hand.

They didn't comment on what magic Cera used to coerce him to come downstairs let alone have a little smile.

Calaius thanked June when she served him a portion of what were having and she looked at him with a  questioning look before mumbling something in acknowledgement.

"So, what were all of you doing today?" Calaius asked dunking a piece of bread in the soup. He already knew the answer to that but thought it was best to start a conversation.

Cera knew he was only doing all of this to get information out of her but decided to play along for the twins' sake.

"We went skating, June and Allan taught me how to glide without making a fool of myself." Cera slowly grinned and raised an eyebrow at the twins urging them to talk.

"Yeah." Allan started. "Cera was good but not as good as me and will never be." He smirked at her arrogantly, but she was glad he was getting comfortable around Calaius.

"Oh please! You're not that great or anything!" June scoffed giving him the stink eye.

"You speak as if you skate better than me." Allan remarked whipping his tongue at her like a child.

"Of course I do, I'm the second best skater in all the world." June huffed.

Allan grinned. "So, you admit I'm the first?"

"Oh definitely not you! With some more practice, Cera could beat you." She said.

"Then who?"

June glanced at Calaius and for a moment, Cera noticed something flash in his eyes, maybe longing?

The pale haired woman looked the oldest Thorne sibling.

"Of course it is Calaius. Since he taught you two." She smirked.

His head shot up to look at Cera and secretly scowled at her and gave her a look warning her to stop telling her that this wasn't part of the deal.

She gave him a sweet smile in response and he almost exploded into fury and gripped his spoon harder, knuckles turning white.

"Speaking of skating, Calaius, why don't you join us tomorrow?" She asked innocently.

Allan grinned hopefully at Calaius and gave him his puppy dog eyes. "Please!"

He stared at Cera for a long time before sighing deeply pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Fine."

"Yes!" Allan exclaimed and June smiled giddily, the twins both looked at Cera thanking God for bringing her to their lives.

"That's great! You can teach me many things too!" Cera said with fake enthusiasm and smirking at him knowing she's won this time.

He raised an eyebrow and slow grin appeared on his face, he looked like he was scheming something.

"Oh Cera, I can teach you many things beyond skating."

Her grin faltered a bit, but it was still there. Cera hoped that bringing him and the twins closer together will help break his icy wall that wouldn't let anyone in.

The rest of the lunch went quite well with Allan cracking funny jokes and June sometimes glaring at him when he teased her, Calaius occasionally glancing at Cera thinking to himself about how she had done so much in so less time.