Ch-89 Blood Of An Immortal

"How do these humans do this?!"

Matteo Casivicci exclaimed holding up the piece of the cooked rabbit meat, eyeing it with disgust as he took another bite of it while walking.

"Don't forget you were once human too." Geraltine retorted, but even she had to admit, meat tasted disgusting, blood somehow tasted repulsing too.

She thought about how she fed Celine meat all her life, but the girl never complained, it was either the meat or Geraltine's cooking, she believed the former.

"That was so long ago." He fired back. "I hate being human. At least, we have our gifts."

"Be glad that we do." Korashia spoke up. "That clever thing would've easily got away if it weren't for the illusions. It does drain me when using I use it for a while."

"Well, now your little tummy is fed." Geraltine said looking at Matteo. "We can focus on finding Celine."

"How exactly do we do that?"

"We track them."

"Tell me, aren't we humans?"

"Yes, but even humans can identify scent to some degree."

"So?"

"Sniff the ground."

"Alright....what are you waiting for?"

"That why we have you."

Korashia snorted from ahead of them and shook her head, Matteo glared at Geraltine daring her to make more remarks.

"Shut up!"

"Child."

Korashia shushed them all of a sudden. Following her eyes, they noticed that the forest was nearing it's end, and the sunlight glowed a gleaming gold from above, hesitantly, the girl stepped a shoe-clad foot forward letting the sun glimmer the black leather before showing herself entirely.

Looking back at Matteo and Geraltine, she looked at her arms, there was no glow and shimmer, nothing that would draw attention, the two shields stepped forward as well.

This time it wasn't their skin that attracted unwanted attention, but their clothes, all three of them were adorned in black, unfortunately, any one who hadn't been to Lumeris wouldn't know of this unwritten rule.

Matteo noticed that they weren't alone, following his gaze, Korashia and Geraltine saw three people, two men and a woman staring at them looking fearful, their eyes were focused on the trio's clothes.

Geraltine saw that they wore white and beige togas, the woman carried a white painted pot that she dropped on seeing them.

"Korashia, do something." Matteo urged, looking jumpy.

"What?"

"Use your powers, they could tell us something."

Rolling her eyes, she focused on the three of them, the woman was afraid of snakes and spiders, one of the men were scared of blood whilst the other was failure.

Geraltine and Matteo watched in fascination as the woman and one man screamed and was trying to shake something non-existent off their bodies whilst one was whimpering and crying looking defeated.

Walking over to them, Geraltine cast a physical shield so that they wouldn't escape from them, Korashia then summoned her illusions back.

"W-Who are you?!" The woman whimpered her arms infront of her as a shield.

"Someone that won't hurt you if you answer our questions. Do you understand?" Geraltine spoke, slowly so that every word was etched in their heads and all three nodded fearfully.