Ch-102 A Dream And A Nightmare

Carina found herself in a trance.

She was staring at her reflection at her reflection in the mirror, her pale hair was curled into neat ringlets pulled back, her violet eyes shining with happiness that she had never felt before.

She wore a dress like no other, a baby blue like the skies in Lumeris, a deep cut ran through the chest till her ribs, yet not revealing too much, both of her sleeves felt like long curtains that fell to the ground, the bronze belt and pads were what held the dress in.

She knitted her eyebrows looking confused when she ran her hands through the fabric feeling it, she felt a bulge on her lower abdomen, that never existed before, yet if she wore thicker fabrics, it wouldn't be visible at all.

Carina saw herself yet at the same time that wasn't the case, she felt different, joy that never existed, a glow that radiated from her, she never found herself beautiful but in this moment, she felt beautiful, truly beautiful.

There was a knock from behind her, turning around in surprise, she saw Janae standing there wearing a red dress with a tight bodice, the fabric also unusual.

What was even more confusing, more like disturbing was that Janae was smiling at her, and that too, looking genuine. Janae never smiled, not as bad as Korashia but she was quite moody.

"You look amazing, mother. I'm sure the kings would fall for you all over again." She giggled, running up to her, taking her hand, dragging her away from the room that she now realized she had never been before.

Mother?

Kings?

Falling for her?

"Not as beautiful as you, my sweet."

Carina scrunched her face in horror at the words she said, and that too, to someone like Janae of all people, it seemed that Janae didn't notice her scowl at all or was pretending to not notice it.

As she was being pulled away, she marvelled her surroundings, it was like another castle, beautiful just like Aro's was, in a way it looked...new?

She was met with Alicia and seven other people, all dressed elegantly in their own ways, a child too was with them, they all smiled at her, a burly man among them even bowed down dramatically at her.

"My Queen." A blonde haired man who gave her paternal vibes, greeted with his head bowed down respectfully, followed by the other, the little girl giggling as she curtsied.

Once more, Carina felt as if someone else was speaking at the moment, and not her, though it sounded like her.

"There is no need for any of this Carlisle. I must thank you for everything you did for us and also apologize for what we did for you."

"All of that is long forgotten and forgiven." Alicia spoke this time, giving her the familiar giddy smile.

The little girl couldn't help herself as she ran up to her and launched herself at her arms, with a wide smile.

"Nessie." A women hissed, giving Carina a sheepish smile which she chuckled off.

"It is quite alright, Bella. Renesmee didn't do anything wrong now, did she?" Carina winked at the little girl.

She never liked children, then why was she holding this child? Without getting uncomfortable.

"How are your babies?" Renesmee asked looking down at her belly, Carina felt her eyes rolling out of it's sockets but yet the body she was in only laughed heartily.

Babies?

Was she going mad?

Thankfully, Janae saved her from future embarrassment, there was never a time where she ever thought that Janae would do that for her.