Ch-43 Caius?

Cera couldn't sleep that night.

She simply layed facing the ceiling, her ears having to carry the burden of the storm that was raging upstairs.

The sounds of objects being thrown around or something being torn were the only noises she could hear.

Not to mention, the screams and roars that seemed monstrous that echoed throughout the mansion.

She was hoping that the twins wouldn't hear all the noises and could sleep peacefully not knowing that their brother's room was facing his wrath.

Of course that wasn't possible.

During dinner, June and Allan saw the bruise on her cheek, though they didn't comment on it, they were loathing their brother little by little.

This time they didn't wait for him to come and only started eating after she came in.

That was what Cera did not want. She didn't want them to hate Calaius, their own brother for someone like her.

What happened during lunch time was just gone in the wind. One bad incident had the power to taint all the good ones.

When Allan asked Cera if Calaius would come tomorrow to skate with them, she replied by telling he will and if he won't, she will drag him down to the clearing.

Now she laid in bed, not being to sleep after the already exhausting day.

She took a deep breath and decided to check in on the twins and see how they were doing.

June and Allan slept in rooms that were opposite to each other and she slept nearby too.

One thing was that everything they needed where in the ground floors, even their rooms and no one ever went upstairs.

Other than Calaius of course, that was his domain after all.

She got up from her bed, still in her nightgown and lit a lamp and opened the door with a creak.

She stepped out to the dimly lit hall that hosted all of their bedrooms and went to the nearest one she saw.

It was Allan's.

She heard sobbing from the other end and slammed the door open almost breaking the hinges in the process.

A yelp from June sounded at the door being harshly opened and Allan held her closer in his arms.

Cera's heart dropped at the sight.

June was shaking tears running down her cheeks as she sobbed into Allan's chest as he had his arms wrapped protectively around her.

Allan though being the guardian brother, he had a look of fear on his face, as he held his tears in wanting to be strong for his sister.

They were terrified of Calaius.

They were terrified of their brother who was supposed to shield them from this cruel world.

Cera felt so broken at the fact she had failed in her goal to save this family from being torn apart.

She failed.

"C-Cera?" June croaked, her sight blurred from the tears.

She nodded and rushed to them and enveloped her arms around both of them. The two clung onto her like a plank that was keeping them from death.

"No one is going to hurt you." She whispered tears falling down her face but she had courage in her.

"I'm s-scared!" June cried into her shoulders.