004: Socializing

TW: Abuse

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

you open your eyes as you quickly sit up, your body soaking wet. your hands trembling as you grip onto the bedsheets. 'it was just a dream, he's not around anymore', you tell yourself while trying to steady your breathing.

that was one of your worst nightmares yet. your dad was screaming, hitting your mother while you yourself were crying in the corner, screaming and ranting about things that didn't seem to make any logical sense.

you knew it was just a dream, but looking back at the memory still terrified you until this day. some days you would be angry with your mother, for just silently taking his bullshit instead of just leaving him, but that was more common when you were younger.

you turn your eyes to your left, to see that it is still dark out. you reach for your phone on the nightstand to check the time. 3.54 am. the sun won't be up until in a few hours since it's still late winter/early spring and you live in Phoenix.

you come to the conclusion that it would be gross staying in the sweaty sheets so you change them before going to take a hot shower. you come back to see a light in your room. you squint your eyes and pick up your phone to see that you've got a notification from twitch. Karl is live.

"man, that boy has a fucked up sleep schedule", you mutter to yourself while changing into a new pair of pj's (pajamas).

deciding to watch the live stream, you lay down in bed, trying very hard not to comment because then... yeah you don't actually know what would happen, but it just feels weird. what if someone noticed you and started spamming it in your own chat when you were live? you sigh and continue watching.

after maybe ten minutes or so, you put the phone down and slowly drift back to sleep, deciding that the first thing you'll do in the morning is stream. what can you say, the grind never stops.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙