020: Facetime

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

"I just ended the stream, so what was it you wanted to ask me?", Fundy says. you stay silent, startled because you had forgotten all about the trip.

"oh, um, I and Tommy were planning a meetup in the UK, probably Brighton, and wondered if you'd be up to come?", you tell him.

"yeah, who's coming and when?", he wonders. you're not sure if you have the answer to the first question yet.

"well so far it's me and Tommy, we decided that he'd ask Wilbur and Tubbo and I'd ask you and Niki, who, by the way, said yes", you start off, unsure if that's too vague. "and we're planning on the 30th or 31st", you end.

"but that's in just 20 days!", he exclaims. "oh, no wait that's enough time", he laughs.

"no, no you're right, it's very soon but we didn't plan on anything big, we just thought it'd be fun with more people", you explain to him in an apologetic voice.

"it's fun, you know? it's all right I'll just have to look through my schedule but I'm 90% positive I can make it", he reassures you

"oh, that's great". this was the most exciting thing that had happened since you got accepted on Karl's love or host. "I have to go now, Tommy's calling, but I'll talk to you later..?"

"yeah, have a good one, bye"

"same, bye Fundy", you say dragging out on the 'y' at the end of his name. you lied, Tommy isn't actually calling you, you just wanted an escape. introvert things. but you actually planned on calling Tommy. as soon as you've had lunch...

~~~

you rush back to your room, eager to call Tommy, not that he hasn't been eager to call you, he disturbed lunch. multiple times. like so many times to the point your mother thought you had a secret boyfriend or girlfriend.

you sit down in your low-quality chair and spin in it, before setting down your feet on the floor to stop in front of your computer. you take a deep breath and then sigh heavily. time to call this loud annoying boy of a streamer.

you fiddle with your infinity cube as your phone rings. for someone so eager to talk he sure does take a long time to pick up his goddamn phone. you huff and then the sound of him answering the phone is heard.

"hello woman", he says with his British accent. you don't mind it, but on the contrary, him proceeding to call you 'woman' all the time does. you sigh, it's time for the talk.

"Tommy, Tommy listen to me", you say and get a 'hm, what is it' back. "Tommy you need to know something. I'm technically no woman", he gasps at this.

"wait is was all fake? have I been fooled, who are you?", he rambles on. you knew this would happen. this is going to be a great conversation. yep. fantastic.

"no, Tommy, hear me out ok? I'm gender fluid", you continue before he gets a word in the air, but you can hear the inhale of him starting. "which MEANS, I'm every and all genders, but none, it's up to each and everyone to decide what pronouns to use, I don't really care. well, that's my version of it anyway", you finish off.

"wait, so I can still call you woman then?", he asks, confused.

you sigh. "yes Tommy, I suppose you can"

"POGGGG", he says, deepening his voice. you chuckle and think that this went smoother than expected. "so wait, are there actually people who refer to you as 'he'?" ouch. that wasn't as smooth though.

"not at the moment, no. I was born female so my mom calls me she and most people call me them, scared to offend me or something", you scoff at the last part. how would you be offended? the whole point of being gender fluid is that you don't care about your pronouns anymore.

"oh", he simply says. you smile, despite being so worked up. "yeah, oh"

he starts laughing and you join in. as the laugh dies out a suffocating silence fills the call.

"so, what did Tubbo and Wilbur say? are they able to make it?", you ask him.

"yes" Tommy answers. you laugh at his vague answer.

"yes, one of them can come, or yes both of them?"

"yes, both of them", you can hear his sarcasm. 'so sassy', you eye-roll at him. then you get an idea.

"do you want to facetime?", you blurt out. that could've gone by less painfully. well, it is what it is.

if you don't immediately think of that one TikTok sound reading this, I feel sorry for you :/

"sure, I'll call you back in a minute, I wanna put on a different shirt", he agrees. you grimace at this, what is so hideous about the shirt he's wearing right now? but you don't acknowledge it.

"ok, I'll wait", you say and hang up on him, just in time to get a Twitter notification.

Twitter

Technoblade has sent you a messge!

you furrow your eyebrows. you sure were popular today. then again, you and Techno chatted almost every day, mostly over discord though. you decide to ignore it until you've spoken to Tommy. 'it's probably nothing important anyways..'

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙