029: Archery

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

"no, wait, but in real life, a crossbow is better in terms of aim and power, but they take much longer to reload, with a normal bow, on the other hand, you can fire more arrows in the same amount of time" somehow your conversation had gotten to a debate over which weapon was better, crossbows or traditional bows.

"hm. sound like you prefer the traditional ones then?" Techno hums. you bite your bottom lip, he's right. was it that obvious?

"well, I used to perform archery, I was on the school team" you blurt as an explanation.

"heh?" he appears speechless at your confession.

"yeah, and I used to go out to the woods every day to shoot at some targets I had set up." holy Zeus, you were just oversharing at this point. thank the Gods none of you were live. well, Techno's almost never live so that wasn't much of a shocker, but you still were thankful.

"sounds cool, sounds cool," he says casually and you exhale, but try to make it so the phone won't pick up on the sound. then your computer pings with a discord message. you perk your head upon instinct to see who it's from.

"hm, what was that?" Techno also picked up on the sound.

"oh, nothing, Tommy just asked if I'm up for some among us," you say while reading. why was he messaging you on discord? he already had your number. then you read the next sentence, and you swear to Zeus, you almost died. "oh I'll kill that kid" you mutter.

"heh? what does it say?" Techno asks you, confused because he can't see what you're reading.

TommyInnit

y/nnnn, my friend. you up for some among us with me and the boys?

you can bring Techno🙄 if you want to ig, since you have chosen to pick him over ME.🔪😡

who does that???

"um" you stall as you're writing a reply to Tommy's weird texts. "he said that you're welcome too." you pinch your lips, very self-conscious.

"what? the child didn't even have the guts to message me personally. I'm deeply offended" he snorts the last part in intentionally bad acting. you're happy that he didn't take it the way Tommy meant it when he messaged you.

"as you should be," you say with a fancy British accent, hopping on the joke. then he starts quietly laughing and you can't hold it in either. it was pretty funny, you've never been the best at imitating other accents. "that was so bad!" you ridicule yourself.

"nah, I wouldn't say it was that bad. just pretty bad" he tells you. you snort and laugh.

~timeskip brought to you by; my lack of creativity~

you're staring at your screen, where among us is currently loading up. 'come on, load faster' you think in annoyance. you didn't have much patience left over for this game to fuck with you. just as you're about to break something out of frustration, it finally finishes.

"hey guys" you greet everyone when you unmute and undeafen. you didn't want everyone to hear you cursing at your computer, not when at least two people are live, and almost everyone else is recording.

"Y/N!" Tommy screams over the others. of course, he does.

"hallo," you could identify Technos voice anywhere by now. you can also hear Dreams voice and some others that stick out, like Tubbo's. he just always sounds so happy.