058: Together?

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

Y/n's mom POV:

"he, adults, it's time for-" I stop myself before finishing that sentence for I have found something impeccable. my child. cuddling their "best friend". I had been scared for a while when he was a kid that he'd never want a relationship after seeing how things went between me and her father, but this proves that I didn't fuck them up. that he didn't.

not that being aromantic is anything wrong, she had just seemed so excited about love before... everything. I smile and carefully close the door to not wake them up. I'm glad she's found someone like him. he seems good for them. and if they're happy, so am I.

and now maybe he'll finally move the fuck out of my house. I'll miss them, of course, when they've left, but god is it not time? I mean come on, they're nineteen, soon twenty, now! I love Y/n with all of my heart, but I need some alone time. i tip-toe downstairs and start making breakfast. they can as well sleep in a bit while i cook. then I'll go to sleep myself. yeah, that sounds like a great idea.

Y/n POV:

you wake up and all of you are warm. that's weird, because you're usually cold when you wake up. which can only mean one thing. you're not alone. and as soon as that thought has hit you, you know why you're being held like you are the most valuable thing on the earth right now. your chest grows warmer as you think back to last night. you'd finally done it. well, Tech had. he took the chance and you just told him you felt the same. but it really meant something.

"goodmorning," he mumbles into your neck and a chill goes down your spine, but it's a pleasant one. he gracefully and swiftly shifts you over to lay face-to-face with him. Tech smiles as he scurries his thumb to the side of your jaw and caresses it softly. you melt a bit and have to take a deep breath to not get lost under his touch.

"morning..." you breathe and his smile grows wider. he leans forward a bit to give you a peck on the lips and the soft skin of his lips feel like electricity, traveling over your skin, making the hairs on your arms rise. how long have you wanted this? wanted him? it feels like an eternity.

you smile and shift closer to him, pressing yourself against his chest. you wrap your arms around his torso, close your eyes and sigh happily. you don't know for how long you would've just laid there, enjoying each other's presence, if it weren't for your mother calling for you from downstairs.

"guys! breakfast is ready!" she's made breakfast? usually she's too tired from work to make anything before she blacks out on her bed. it usually ends with you having to tuck her in. you frown.

"what? is her cooking that bad?" Tech jokes and must've noticed the look on your face. his chest rumbles when he speaks. somehow you find comfort in that.

you chuckle at how greatly he misunderstood your feeling. "no. she's just usually never awake at this our. haven't I told you about how she works the night shifts at the hospital?" you wonder and look him in the eyes.

he hums. "perhaps. I think I remember you mentioning it a while back, off stream," he says, staring into the air. then he smiles and turns his gaze to you. "I'm actually kind of hungry, and we wouldn't want to keep your mom waiting, would we now?" he teases.

you roll your eyes. "of course not," you get out of bed, and Tech laughs quietly. he throws the sheets off himself and reveals his pajamas, looking much like your own. sweatpants and t-shirts. but his pants are cut off midway down his thigh, in the format of medium-length shorts.