023: The flight

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

you wake up, not entirely sure why since all your senses are dampened from being in a practical coma for the whole night. then you detect the slight ringing of your alarm. ah, so past you woke your present you up. great.

you groan and twist over to turn off the damn thing. finally, some peace. you smile and cuddle down under your comforter and fall back into a lighter sleep. just to wake up again, only five minutes later, to another alarm. 'why do I know myself so well?' you complain before sitting up and rubbing the sleep out of your eyes.

then it finally klicks. oh no. you have a plane to catch. 'shit shit shit' you curse and hurriedly get out of bed, getting dressed. you fumble around in the dark room, stubbing your toe. you wince but keep on moving. you can't miss this plane.

you go to the bathroom to take a shower, quietly regretting that you got dressed the first thing you did. you come out of the bathroom around 30 minutes later, ready to go. you go to check in your mother's room if you've woken her up, but thankfully you haven't. so you quietly close the door before running downstairs where you left the suitcase. the taxi should be here in 10 minutes or so.

~A time skip presented to you by my laziness~

your flight get's called and you slowly make your way over to board the plane. you made sure to be sat only a few meters away from it so it's no hurry. you look over to pick up your phone out to make sure where you're sitting. and.... yes! you got a seat in front of the wings, so the sound of the engines won't disturb you too much.

some older guy looks up at you when you sit down, he looks about 25 ish and you shoot him a small and quick smile before looking down at your phone to message Techno that you've boarded the plane. then the speakers call out that all phones shall be shut off during the ascent of the plane. you turn it off and take out the book you brought.

you don't usually read, but now felt like a good time. not like you had anything else to do anyway. you surprisingly find yourself glued to the book, even when the people around you either fall asleep or eat the breakfast served on the plane. some people also watch movies, but those seemed like nothing you'd like so that doesn't matter.

the flight goes by faster than you thought, and before you know it, they tell you to buckle up your seatbelts and fold up the provisional tables on the seat in front of you. you have a weird feeling in your stomach, nerves perhaps? or just pure fear. yeah, that could be it too.

~Another time skip brought to you because I'm always too nauseous after a flight to remember exactly what happens here~

you've already grabbed your suitcase, though it wasn't the easiest to find due to the fact that it's just a basic black one. hesitantly walking out to the area where people greet their friends and families, you scan the crowd for Techno, not really knowing what to look for. to you're relief you see no signs with your name on it. that's good.

then a pair of green eyes meet yours and you quickly scan them. a twitch merch hoodie, a pair of jeans, and some plain sneakers. well, Minecraft streamers and YouTubers aren't exactly known for their sense of fashion.

you raise your brows at the boy to who the eyes belong, questioning. he smiles back in return and you smile back with a sigh. thank the gods it was him and not some stranger. you walk up to him with your suitcase beside you. you take in his face while walking over and oh Zeus, he's beautiful. holy fuck. you pinch your lips before forcing back the smile on your face.

as you approach him you notice that he seems very uneasy, at a total lack of words. his mouth twitches, like he's about to speak but he stays silent. your face flushes with embarrassment and you decide to be bold.

wrapping your arms around his chest, hiding your face there so he can't see it, you let out a muffled 'hello'. his whole body tenses up for a bit, but then he relaxes and hugs you back, letting out a puff of air on your hair.

"hallo", he greets back gently. you smile into his chest before pulling away, looking back up at him (he's 6'3 so idk how this will work for some of you but let's just pretend ok?). 'his hair looks really soft... NO. get it together y/n' you scold yourself.

"should we get going?", you don't break the eye contact. he, however, averts his eyes for a second, but then looks back down at you with a smile.

"yeah, let's go", he says grabbing your suitcase.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙