042: Baking

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

you clear your throat. "I think it's about time we head home, what do you think?" you get a couple of nods and 'yeah's back. "okay, does anyone know where Dre-" you start asking but a voice from behind interrupts you.

"are we heading home?" you whip your head around and are met with Dreams, uh, green eyes? the more you look at them, the more unsure you get about if they're really green or not.

"yeah, you guys were perfectly on time" Wilbur says as he stands up. "my whole being is hurting from sitting on the ground for so long, oh my fucking god" he complains and holds his back like an old man.

you fight the urge to laugh at him. you grip on to Technos arm, hardly, to contain the laughter that's threatening to escape your mouth. you use your other hand to cover said mouth as you pinch your lips together.

he looks down at you, questioningly, but you just shake your head and mouth the words 'i'll tell you later, to which he just nods with a quiet humming.

as you stand up, you can feel someone's gaze on you and look around to see who it is, and are met by several pairs of eyes. Karls, looking sadly at your grip around Technos arm, Dream, who's looking at your face with an unreadable look, and Phil, giving you a crooked smile as you meet his gaze. his eyes glitter with something you can't quite make out what it is, but his smile is humorous, harmless. he means well, as always.

trying to forget all the eyes that are on the two of you, you look around to try and find Tommy. you see him over at Tubbo and Jack, being loud. what else would he be?

"hey, Tommy" you wave high in the air and let go of Technos arm. he whips around to look at you.

"yeah?" he furrows his brows and you smile at his confused face.

"wanna bake something when we get back?" you ask as you walk towards him, the feeling of being watched slowly disappearing.

"oh! can i bake as well?" Tubbo chimes in before Tommy even has a chance to answer the question.

you look over at the excited boy and nod your head. you're already completely used to all the different British accents used amongst this weird group of people. "sure you can Tubs" you smile and he beams back.

"aw, that's awesome. that's just awesome" he sighs with a huge amount of satisfaction in his voice.

"what the fuck?" Tommy looks more offended than the souls in Hades clothes. "she asked me not you" he stares at Tubbo.

"Tommy, he can join us, what difference does it make?" you say softly and tilt your head at him.

"it doesn't, but you still asked me. it was just very rude of him" he explains calmly and looks you in the eyes, for once without smiling, laughing, or looking angry. just determined, calm, and collected. it gave you an insight into what he might've looked like in a couple of years if he hadn't become a big streamer.

you nod your head slowly, caught up in your own thoughts. "that's fair" you admit.

"yeah, sorry boss man" Tubbo nods as well, just a bit faster than you.

"it's okay Tubbo," Tommy says seriously. why couldn't it always be like this? but also, it might just get boring after a while, so you're kind of happy it's not.