043: Feeling pressured

picture by @/jester_u on Twitter!

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

"anyone who wants to continue watching Thor? I need some Loki therapy right about now" you state as you look around the room expectedly.

nobody acknowledges your words besides Tommy, who looks around at everyone for a bit before answering. "don't worry, I'll watch Thor with you. these morons are below us anyways"

"what was that Tommy?" Techno suddenly says and slowly turns to face the boy, just like he often makes his character do in Minecraft. it's just as scary in real life, for that matter.

"oh, hello Techno. funny seeing you here. uh, I'll go now, I have something I need to with Y/n, so... bye!" he stresses and starts pushing you out of the dining room and towards the living room.

"was that really necessary?" you ask as soon as you're out of earshot for the people you just left.

"yes" is all he says as he slumps down on the sofa. "now let's watch some therapeutic Loki" he emphasizes the word therapeutic. you roll your eyes. this boy is really something out of the ordinary.

~~~

the movie is as expected, not the best, but you would never admit that because well, Loki's in it. other than that it's one of Marvel's worse takes.

"well, that was fun, don't you think," you say with a tight smile as you turn to Tommy.

"yeah, sure" he drags out the words. you raise your brows at him but smile a bit more genuinely. 

"you didn't like it?" you ask challengingly, making him wake up from his sleeping-like state.

"what? no, Loki was badass, didn't you hear me say that?" he asks and shoots his whole body towards you.

"he was, he was. but I asked about the movie, not Loki" you say with an amused smile.

"ah. uh," he rubs his neck in distress. "it was good? I don't know man" he laughs a bit.

"Tommy, it's fine. I know the movie kinda suck compared to Captain America or Iron Man" you assure him.

he exhales heavily as if he's been holding his breath for a long time. maybe he has, who knows?

"thank god, that movie did not meet my grand expectations" he cocks his head at the end in a sassy manner. you pinch your lips together to not laugh.

"mhm, sounds lovely Tom" you accidentally slip out his real name, but he doesn't react. you've never used it before, which makes it kinda weird and leaves a sour feeling in your mouth. you do not want to redo that ever again.

an ecstatic silence falls over the room as none of you can come up with anything to say, because what do you say when there is nothing to go on?

"isn't it weird?" Tommy suddenly says.

"what?" you blink and widen your eyes as you turn back to him. what the actual fuck is he talking about?

"yeah, having Karl here after being on his love or host" he shrugs.

"i... no? that was a long time ago" you have a weird impulse to defend yourself.