047: The diving contest

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

(that picture is literally Dream on Twitter, trying to save his career and not getting cancelled)

your ears are instantly filled with laughter as your head breaks the surface. you smile, confused, and look around for the source of the laughter, just in time to see Tommy emerge from under the cold pool water. somehow the smell of chlorine is comforting to you.

"oh, fuck you man" he coughs and stares at Jack, who you quickly assume threw him in the pool. then Tommy laughs a bit before climbing out of the chilly water.

you watch him with a smile, floating around in the pool, although your mind is still stuck on your conversation with Dream. now, it wouldn't be if it wasn't for the fact that you haven't seen him since he shook your hand, pulled you in after a bit of hesitation, and kissed the top of your head before leaving the kitchen, leaving a confused feeling in your stomach.

although you are far from having an empty head, it is actually working full speed, you try to play it off as if everything is fine, even though Techno, Sapnap, and Karl probably are suspicious of something because of how long you and Dream talked for. honestly, you're most stressed over what Techno might think. confessing your feeling for him to yourself has made your nerves be on high alert every time he's mentioned, either in real life or in your head. it's becoming an issue as you forgot to keep yourself afloat at one point when you saw him looking over at you.

you dive underwater, debating if you should open your eyes or not, settling on not doing it for the sake of your good sight. you break the surface for the second time in the last few minutes and are met by shouting and laughing. the laughter never seems to fully stop, not since everyone went to the pool anyway.

"hey Y/n, wanna have a diving contest?" Tubbo says dramatically.

"yeah, game on bee boy" you grin back at him. 'anything to get my mind off of Dream' you mutter inside.

"can I join too?" Skeppy and Tommy say in unison.

"of course you guys," Tubbo says as if it's obvious. he's too kind for this world.

"Bad, come have a diving contest with us!" Skeppy shouts across the yard. you wince since he's really close to your ear as you climb out of the pool beside him. you're going to have slight hearing problems after this trip.

"no thank you" Bad calls back, a lot quieter than his friend, but still hearable over the backyard.

"you're such a pussy!" Tommy yells in his direction.

"hey! language" Bad shouts back, inhumanly fast. you guess he's just used to whatever Tommy says, it'll include at least one swear.

"sorry" Tommy yells back. "still a fucking pussy though, ain't he?" he mutters to you.

you just give him a side glare. "so who'll go first?" you look over at Tubbo for answers.

"uhm, I was thinking.." he starts while looking around, but gets rudely interrupted by Tommy.

"I will because I'm a big man" Tommy cocks his head and slaps his chest with his fist. you eye roll and smile. too predictable.

"oh, okay then" Tubbo backs down immediately. probably he's just not bothered by Tommy doing whatever he wants all the time, but it still makes you feel like your watching him get stepped on. that of course gets weight up by all the times he goes nuts on Tommy.

"yeah, bitch" Tommy drags out on the 'yeah' in that short-lived sentence.

"Tommy" Phil says disapprovingly from his place closer to the house.