028: Home

(please keep in mind that i've never been to San Fran, like, i haven't even been to the united states so don't bully me)

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

you wake up confused with your surroundings. where were you? then you remember. you're still in San Francisco with Techno. well, until in just a few hours. the thought of leaving quickly darkens your mood. but you try to lighten it up by reminding yourself that Techno will come with you to the UK in less than two weeks.

you yawn and shift a little, cuddling up further in the bedsheets, still tired. getting bored after what couldn't have been more than ten minutes, you get out of bed and get ready for the day. you also pack your suitcase for convenience. maybe you'd be busy all day, who knows?

you walk downstairs and notice that Techno must still be asleep. hm. you make your way over to the kitchen and grab some cereal for both him and yourself.

opening the door to his room, you see him still in bed, but awake on his phone.

"hey," you alert him of your presence. "I brought you food." you felt like you were taking care of someone who was sick to the point they couldn't get out of bed.

"heh?" he looks at you, then at the bowls, then back at your face. then a look of reconnection takes form in his facial features and it softens. "ah, thank you." he says, putting down his phone and patting on a spot on the bed just beside him.

you take it as an invite and sit down while handing him his breakfast. you eat in silence for a while, neither of you knowing what to talk about. plus you both were a little too awkward to start a conversation naturally. it was really just a dead end.

"so, how are you?" you say when the silence becomes unbearable.

"hm? ah, good, good." he seems to be thinking before he catches himself. "how are you?" he adds. you smile at his inability to have a smooth conversation.

"I'm doing great." you bite your lip. you were not, but whoever says that when someone asks how you're doing? you just say you're fine and move on. that's just how the world works, everyone knows that.

"good, good..." he responds and you fall silent again.

you slightly open your mouth at one point, wanting to say something, but you lose track of your thought process and close it again. you then glance over at Techno to see what he's doing and catch him staring at you.

"what?" you furrow your brows, trying to hide your growing blush.

"nothing, nothing." he quickly says and stands up. you tilt your head in his direction and stay still. he looks over his shoulder at you and nods his head towards the door.

you sigh and stand up as well, the two of you making your way over to the door. you proceed to wash your dishes in silence and you wonder if this is how it's going to be for the next few hours until you have to leave. because that'd be a pity.

"do you mind going on a walk?" you blurt. you had not intended to say that out loud before thinking it through. damn it.

he looks over at you, slowly turning his head. "I never really go outside..." he says hesitantly. you actually could've guessed that yourself, his pale skin, his career as a Minecraft Youtuber... a lot spoke for him being an inside person.

"even bigger reason to do it," you say cheerfully. "come on, it'll be nice. you can show me around." Techno just doubtfully looks at you and you tilt your head, confused.

"i- hm. okay, sure." he mutters, trying to seem defeated, but you can see the small smile playing on his lips. 'great, at least he won't have a bad time' you think. or at least you hoped.