038: Dinner

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

you had no idea of when or how this had happened, but suddenly you were in a car with only Dream, Techno, and Sapnap as a company. Niki had asked if you wanted her to come with you, but you knew she actually wanted to hang out with Wilbur, so you kindly declined her offer (although you were starting to regret that decision due to your lack of friendship with two of them).

sure, you like both Sapnap and Dream as friends, and you stream with them sometimes and interact on the SMP, but you were closer with Techno and some of the others. you haven't said anything about it to anyone, being a burden is the last thing you want, but it seems like Techno has caught on to your... uneasiness, so to speak, anyway.

you're both sitting in the backseat of the rented car, and Sap and Dream are in front, Dream is the one driving. he reaches for your hand with an indecisive expression, and you guess that he's overthinking what he's doing.

trying to hide your growing smile, you intertwine your fingers with his, just like the morning you accidentally woke up in his bed. his fingers remain straight between yours for a second, before he catches on and squeezes your hand back. you're not sure if he's trying to comfort you or something, but either way, it's working.

you can feel yourself relax against the gray leather seat of the car, looking up at the clouded night sky outside the window, constantly aware of Technos grip on your hand. maybe this dinner wasn't going to be that bad.

~~~

it was that bad.

the waitress wouldn't stop flirting with Dream and every time she was out of earshot Sapnap would tease him, you and Techno joining in at times. then they gave you the wrong food, and you know that you're acting really spoiled, but how did they mistake your salad for a piece of meat? you were almost certain that it was the waitress fucking with you, judged by the murder stares she gave you every time the boys weren't watching (what she didn't see what that Sap caught her doing it one time).

on the way out she 'sneakily' slid a note along with the check to Dream, who had offered to pay, unbothered by your own protests. this results in Sapnap wiggling his eyebrows wt Dream while Techno holds his emotionless face intact. you yourself press your lips together, in awe of the girls guts. it really is admirable, as much as it is annoying.

you stand up as soon as Dream has thanked the waitress with an uninterested tone, leaving the girl with a pouty look. you make sure she can't see you from your angle by hiding behind Techno as you grin. she was really annoying but you didn't want to start anything.

Techno glances down at you, arching a brow in confusion. you just shake your head at him and grab his hand, just like he did in the car. his eyes widen minimally, but enough for you to notice, then he turns his head to look forward again. you two walk in complete and absolutesilence between Dream and Sapnap, who are still bickering.

you and Techno give each other a smile in understanding before getting to the car finally. this time it's Technos time to drive, so you sit in the back with Sapnap.

not to your surprise at all actually, he's really funny to talk to. you joke around while Techno and Dream start some lowered conversation, Zeus knows what about. soon enough though, they start teasing one another, causing you to miss what Sapnap just said.

"Y/n? hello? are you even listening to me?" he asks and waves a hand in front of your smiling face.

"what? oh, no, sorry. I was listening to the idiots in front of us" you grin at him.

"tell me about it" he rolls his eyes. you look at each other for a moment before falling into a fit of laughter, making the pair in the front fall silent.

"what do you think they're laughing about?" Techno asks.

"probably something stupid, it's Sapnap" you can practically hear Dreams eye roll, making you laugh even harder.

"HEY!" Sapnap yells as soon as this new information has reached his brain. he punches Dreams shoulder by reaching his arm between the front seats and you burst out in a new fit of laughter. you hear Techno huff, amused as well.

Techno POV:

I huff as a kind of laugh, happy hearing how much Y/n is enjoying this, they've literally been laughing for the whole ride so far. I glance at her in the rearview mirror, before turning my attention back to the road ahead.

"why would you do that?!" Dream yells beside me, making my ear heirs ever so slightly.

"YOU CALLED ME STUPID!" Sapnap screams even louder. this is why I never interact with other human beings. besides Y/n and Phil. they're chill. Wilbur too sometimes.

"no, I called your humor stupid!" Dream defends himself. I know even before it's over that he's not going to win this argument.

I block their fighting out for the rest of the ride, although it ends pretty quickly, to my surprise. instead, Dream goes on his phone while Sapnap goes back to joking around with Y/n. I keep looking at them in the mirror every now and then. they catch me one time and smile at me.

'oh god. what do I do now? GET IT TOGETHER TECHNO' i scold myself and give her a small smile back. they smile even wider at this so I assume that was the right move. oh god, how do people do this every day? that is the last thing I think before pulling the car into the parking lot. yes, the house had two of those. did Dream rent an overly fancy house? that depends on how you look at it.

and I definitely think he did. but Y/n loves it, so I haven't complained about it. that would also just be really rude, so it's not like I would've done it anyway.

when we get out of the car, they grab my hand again, and I am once again left slightly shocked. I shouldn't be, they're my closest friend, but I am. yet, I just smile and squeeze her hand back, receiving a happy smile from them. maybe agreeing to go on this trip wasn't that bad.

I regret that thought the moment we step into the house.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐒, t.bladeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें