046: Drama

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

"hello boys" you wave awkwardly. you smile, although, on the inside, you are screaming, raging, looking for a way out of this horrible situation. but there is none, which just results in one possible solution. you want to dig a six feet deep hole, yeet yourself down in it, and die. but there is no such option right now, so you just stand there, staring at them.

the similarities between the two quickly flash inside your mind as they stand together. their closeness in height, the clothes... okay maybe that's it. but it is odd to look at either way. the boy who has feelings for you, and the boy you have feelings for, which isn't the same boy. and that's what's so sad about it all.

"Y/n, how long have you been standing there?" Dream asks while Techno's just staring at you.

"I, uh..." you scratch the back of your neck. this is not how you wanted this day, no, this trip to go. how did you get in this situation, to begin with? you want to blame Sapnap, but that just isn't fair. it started before that when you left Dream without an answer to his confession. and when you slept in the same bed as Techno for the second time in your life.

"I feel like I should leave" you look to your right to see Sapnap slowly backing away, before turning on his heel and hurrying away. so much for that support.

"how much did you hear of our conversation?" Techno asks warily. that's the question you've been dreading for the last couple of seconds. you quickly think it over before deciding what to tell them.

"not much, I had stood there for a second or two before Sapnap came, just wanted to make sure I was not going to interrupt something important before walking in" you lie. why are you lying? the truth is not that much worse, because both means you've heard at least a bit of what they've said.

"but you heard enough" it isn't a question, you see that Dream knows the answer just by looking into his eyes.

you take a breath through gritted teeth. "yeah, I did" you admit and look from one to the other. you debate if you should take Dream to talk in private now, but then you'd just seem like a total jerk. but then again, maybe you are.

"so does he know?" Dream asks, throwing his arm out from his side to point at Techno.

"know what?" Techno says, slowly turning his head to go from looking at Dream to look at you.

"he doesn't then? hm" Dream bites his bottom lip and huffs. "you know, I thought you guys were best friends, telling each other everything, but maybe I was wrong" he shrugs, playing unbothered. 'he's trying to mess with Technos brain' a voice says inside your head. and it's right because it seems to be working.

"what is it you haven't told me?" Techno looks at you, his unsure eyes meeting yours. his usual bored look is long gone.

"I..." you get interrupted by a new voice joining in.

"hi, guys, what going on here?" Karl. could this get any worse? you regret thinking that.

"yeah, you've been gone for a long time" Sapnap comes as well. "I left when I found Y/n eavesdropping, but y'all are taking longer than expected" he states with furrowed brows. you really just want to run out of there now. or kick Sapnap for his lack of understanding of social signals. if looks could kill, he'd be a rotting corpse by now.

"I was not eavesdropping" you protest, emphasizing 'not'.

"yeah, you were. I saw you" he scrunches his nose. oh, how you wish you could hit him right now.

"wait, you were eavesdropping on us?" Techno asks, he's beyond confused now. the guilt is twisting around in your stomach. this was never meant to happen.