027: Movie night

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

after a few (only, like, 20) rounds of bedwars you yawn and stretch in Technos chair. you won most of them, not all. you thought about messaging Purpled but decided for the better. this was your very short time of real-life Techno before the trip to the UK in less than two weeks.

"you tired?" Techno asks from behind you. you shake your head without looking at him.

"no, just bored of bedwars" you lie. you were pretty tired, but you were going home tomorrow, and you didn't want to sleep it all away. that'd be a waste of some very limited time. you sigh and stand up. "can we go to the store?"

"heh? why?" he stands up with you, his eyebrows knit together in confusion.

"i want monster" you smile and hope he won't object. it's not that late anyways.

he looks at you for a few moments, and you can hear your mental clock tick, louder and louder for each second of silence that goes by. your smile falters and you bite your bottom lip. to your great relief, he shrugs.

"sure" he says and starts walking out of the room. you follow him as soon as your brain has processed what he said. you grin victoriously while trailing behind him, heading for the front door.

you get to the nearest store and you search for white monsters, but there aren't any. you pout and Techno looks at you.

"what?" his eyes are moving over your face, trying to find out what's bothering you.

"they don't have white monsters" you complain. "it's obviously the best kind!" he relaxes and then stare at you in disbelief. you stare back at him before turning back to the fridge to open it. you grab the mango one, with an orange-yellowish logo and blue background. you sigh. it's not the best, but it's still good.

~~~

you hop out of the car and stand still for a moment, waiting for Techno to walk first since he has the house keys. you walk in and you head for the couch. he follows you and sits down on the other end, taking out his phone. you do the same and you sit in silence for a while.

"can we watch another movie?" you ask him looking up from your phone. he spins his head to look at you, the hand holding his phone frozen in the air. he slightly tilts his head before answering.

"sure. should we finish the Hunger Games series or watch something else?" he looks at you, waiting for your reply. you lightly chew your bottom lip. you really wanna finish Hunger games, but you're not sure if he likes it or not. after a moment of considering you come up with an answer.

"we could finish, i don't like leaving things hanging" and it's true. you don't like walking away from something that's unfinished. it bothers you in a way few things does.

"ok then" he says and puts his phone down before reaching for the remote. you grab the blanket on the floor and cuddle up in your corner, sipping on your monster.

Technoblade POV:

we're halfway through the third movie when i feel a weight on me. i look down and see y/ns head in my lap, her face turned to see the screen. I freeze for a moment. what do one do when one of their closest friends lay down in their lap? i have no idea, it's never happened to me before. god, I wish I could ask Phil.

wait. I actually can do that. I take ut my phone and message him quickly. is he even awake? he should be. I think. I mentally sigh when he texts back.

Philza

hallo

hello mate

hypothetically, what do you do when your friend lays down in your lap?

well i would say, hypothetically of course, that'd you should pet their head

oh.

so who is it?

is what?

this hypothetical friend

oh, um it's hypothetically so no one

mhm. sure techno

great, bye phil

good luck techno

that did not go as I planned it. but at least I got an answer. i quickly put my phone down and start petting their head with my right hand, my left one resting awkwardly on my leg. she, however, grabs it and starts fiddling with my fingers. huh. it felt nice. I let out a small smile, so small it's almost not visible, but I know it's there.

Y/N POV:

he does something on his phone a second after you've laid down on his lap. you wait nervously for his reaction, but he doesn't say anything so you relax and lay my focus on the screen.

that, until he puts his phone down and starts playing with your hair with his right hand. you just lay there, stunned for a hot second, before grabbing his other hand that's just beside your head and start playing with it gently. he stops moving his hand on your head for a nanosecond but continues the action directly after. it feels nice and you start zoning out, rubbing the back of his hand with your fingers.

you feel yourself falling asleep during the fourth movie, and you welcome the dark unconsciousness.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙