054: The visit

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

this car ride might just be the most awkward one you've ever experienced. if you don't count the countless school trips you've been on. those were a nightmare. dropping out was the best choice you've ever made.

the road is new, so the pavement is that kind of smooth that makes you wanna skateboard down it because you know how satisfying it is to just glide smoothly over the road, without any bumps or stones.

usually, it also makes car rides a whole lot better, but not this one. nothing could save this car ride. it's like a curse, straight from the depths of Tartarus. no, you can't even focus on how smoothly the wheels are rolling over the pavement, only on how your lips are pinched together, your mind stuck on the silence filling the car.

not only did you have the smallest of fights with one of them, but having them both in a car together, the guy who admittedly likes you and the one you like is tearing you apart. you have no idea how to feel about this.

Technoblades POV:

this car ride is the worst. and I'm not even kidding. it's just that horrible. there's Y/n beside me, and then there's Dream in the backseat who looks at them like he's been heartbroken and I can't help but wonder. does he like her? does she know? has he rejected him? I don't know. all I know is that the silence that's filling this car at the moment, it's eating me up.

Dream POV:

I am starting to believe that getting in this car was a bad idea. just judging by the way they both looked at me when I appeared out of the front door I know I wasn't exactly wanted. but I really need to see Tubbo, if not for him, then for myself. and I want to make up with Y/n. I can't have them mad at me. being on bad terms with any of my friends upsets me, and I couldn't stand it if it's going to be like that for the rest of our stay here.

I mean, I have Nick and George, and pretty much everyone, but still. I like being on good terms with my friends. I watch her face in the rearview mirror, and she
has a stone face. literally. their lips are pinched together and they're staring straight ahead on the road. Techno gives me a quick glance but I can't tell what he thinks. is he mad too? if so, why?

I feel like I've stepped into the lion's den and can't get out. and I can't, because I can see the hospital now. the building isn't very pretty, nor very modern, but it looks stable enough. reminds me a lot of the hospital I used to walk by on my way to school. we get out of the car and Techno whispers something to Y/n, to which they smile and answer, but the smile looks forced and awkward like they'd rather not talk about it. I get the strange feeling that it's about me.

Y/n POV:

you get out of the car and walk around the hood, meeting Techno halfway. he wastes no time standing to stare at each other. "are you sure you're okay with him here?" he whispers.  you smile and lightly shake your head.

"it's fine Tech, don't worry" you look down on the pavement, and he grunts but doesn't say anything else. you look to your left, at the hospital. then you glance back at Dream, who's staring at you from beside the car.

"ready to go?" you ask him. he nods and you nod back.

you take a breath and look back up at Techno. you give him a small smile and he exhales softly before taking your hand. "let's go"

Dream, bravely enough, walks up on your other side and walks along with you. together you march upon the entrance. the smell of frozen air and gas fills your nose.