018: Bedwars

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

"ELLO CHAT! guess what? it's finally time to traumatize some more children. yes, we are playing bedwars and not skywars because I'm mad at skywars at the moment, and no, it's not because I lost to some seven-year-old boy. of course not", you greet chat happily. you haven't streamed in two days out of pure rage and then realized you were being childish when Techno started to tease you about it over dms.

you get a donation just when you've finished speaking, and surprised look over at your second monitor. 'Purpled donated 3$: can I join you for bedwars?'

you let out a shaky laugh, sounding like a breath. "yeah of course you can, feel free to join my discord too", you say nervously. you know that he's just a kid who spends all his time playing bedwars and cracking hilarious jokes without noticing, but he's still a stranger and you are still an introverted piece of shit. you hear the sound of a discord call, and sure enough, it's him.

"so who is your favorite Minecraft streamer?", he asks as soon as you hit accept. you blink, startled by his question. where does he get his guts from?

"um, well, would it be weird if I said someone other than you?", you ask various if his answer.

"yes", he says with a stone-cold voice.

"oh", you breathe. that was a really, really bad move of you. great start y/n.

"I'm kidding, don't act so scared. just be honest and maybe I won't murder you", he says calmly. somehow, this isn't calming your nerves at all. wonder why. you inhale deeply and think about it for a second. who IS your favorite streamer? you'd love to say Techno, but you just got to know him and that would be because of your strong friendship more than good content.

you think you've decided when a couple of seconds have passed and Purpled surprisingly enough has stayed silent the whole time.

"well, if I had to choose, I'd say Schlatt, he's a funny guy. but if it was out of who I like the best as a person I'd say either Techno or Tommy", you decide. was that too much information? you don't know. you see chat spamming 'aw's and questions about you and Techno. you realize that you've never spoken on stream and neither of you has ever even mentioned the other. 'well, shit', you think.

"wait Techno? how do you even know that potato-obsessed, orphan hating pig?", Purpled suspiciously asks you. yup, you screwed up.

"oh, um well..", you trail off as a donation comes through.

'Technoblade donated 1$: shh don't tell him'

"oh, ok um I won't?" you say confused by his words. "won't what?", Purpled asks.

"uhh Techoblade just donated me telling me not to tell you", you explain to the younger boy. you hear him gasp and wait for his response.

"well that's bull crap, you should tell me anyway". you smile unwillingly and actually consider telling him when another donation rolls in.

'Technoblade donated 3$: don't even think about it, I need the content'

you gasp and then frown. "I changed my mind, I'll tell you how I got to know Technoblade", you say angrily.

"really? nice", Purpled responses, seeming to not notice your annoyed tone. or just ignoring it. whatever works for you.

"well he DM'd me during Karl's love or host and we've been friends ever since", you frown at him. 'ha, suck on that Techno', you think proud of yourself.

"wait, he hit you up before knowing what you chose or after?", Purple questions you.

"um, before, why?"

"that sneaky little pig", he sounds amazed, like he can't believe what he's hearing.

"whatever are you talking about now?", you say, oblivious to the issue.

"I mean... he tried snatching you from Karl even though there was a possibility that you had chosen love, the man's got guts", he explains to you. you feel your cheeks heat up as you realize what he means.

"no, no it isn't like that. Techno and I are just friends", you assure him, and chat who are actually agreeing with Purpled. 'unbelievable' you mentally scoff.

'Technoblade donated 3$: they're right though, we're really good friends'

"you have no right to say that as you are literally providing them with money right now", Purpled argues, you guess that he's watching your stream. "and I'd personally class that as simping", he calmly continues.

ok, now you're defiantly blushing. you drag your hands along your face before speaking up. "Techno please just join the call and argue here so you can stop wasting your money", you plead to him.

'Technoblade donated 5$: nope it's more fun this way'

you groan as Purpled is just quiet. he rarely laughs, doesn't he? meh, not your problem. "Techno I swear to Zeus, stop wasting your money on me", you warn him. "or I'll hunt you down and kill you like you killed those orphans".

after a while of silence from both donations and Purpled you hear the sound of someone joining the call. "so, um, when will you be here then?", Techno asks awkwardly, obviously uncomfortable speaking to two people at the same time.

"what?", you ask him, slightly dumbfound. what in the world of hades was this man talking about?

"when will you come to hunt me down?", he asks, less nervous now.

"oh. well, I guess I have time this weekend..", you trail off. was he really..? no, he couldn't be serious. plus Tommy would rage at you. but still...

"great, see you then", and with that, he left the call. what. the. actual. fuck.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙