Godparents

Ezra and I had just dropped my Mom off back at the school because she had some paperwork to collect. We offered her a ride home but she had driven herself to work that morning and didn't want to leave the car overnight. The girls wanted to meet us at the Brew after the appointment so Ezra was just driving us there.

"You've not stopped smiling since our appointment earlier." Ezra said, smiling himself.

"Neither have you." I smiled back.

"How could I? We've just found out we're going to have a daughter in approximately four and a half months.

"Four and a half months seems a long time to wait." I complained.

"It does." Ezra agreed.

"She'll get here eventually." I sight as I rubbed my growing baby bump.

"And when she does, she's going to get spoiled?" Ezra half-asked.

"Most definitely." I confirmed.

"So Hanna, Emily and Spencer are her godmothers?" Ezra asked as he parked his car in front of the Brew, which he now owns.

"Yeah. We'll tell them after we tell them that our baby is a girl."

"And Toby and Caleb her godfathers?

"Mmhm."

Ezra nodded then we got out the car. I looked in the Brew window and saw Hanna, Spencer and Emily sitting on the couch, each with cups of coffee clasped in their hands. I checked my deep pocket to make sure I had the scan of me and Ezra's unborn daughter and I did so Ezra and I walked through the Brew doors.

"Aria, Ezra!" Hanna happily shouted as she saw us walking towards her and the girls.

We continued to walk over to the girls and sat down opposite them. 

"So..." Emily trailed off.

"So what?" I asked.

"So, is your baby a boy or a girl?" she questioned.

Ezra and I smiled at each other and I took the scans out of my pocket. I handed the scans to the girls and they look at them for a while.

"Our baby is a girl." me and Ezra voiced.

Hanna shrieked and started waving her hands around like an idiot.

"Congratulations you to." Emily said before hugging me and Ezra.

Me and Ezra thanked Emily for congratulating us.

"When is she due?" Spencer asked.

"She is due on July twenty second." I told her.

"Your birthday?" she questioned.

"Mmhm." I sounded as I nodded my head and smiled.

Hanna had calmed down a little and was now looking at the scan again.

"You know what's a good name for her?" Hanna said.

"What's a good name for her?" Ezra asked.

"Hanna." she answered.

"We can call her Hanna." I joined in.

"Why not?" Hanna asked, slightly disappointed.

"For the same reason we can't call her Emily or Spencer." Ezra said.

Emily and Spencer looked up at with with questioning expressions on their faces.

"Why not?" Emily asked.

"Because she is not getting named after one of her godmothers." I explained.

They all nodded then Spencer raised her eyebrows and smiled.

"Wait, what?" Spence asked.

"You, Hanna and Em are going to be her godmothers, if you want to?" I said.

"Oh, my God, Aria, I would be honored." Spencer smiled.

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." Hanna said before squeezing me and Ezra in one of her hugs.

"Careful, Han. You'll make the baby come out early." Emily laughed.

Hanna pulled away from us and sat back down beside the girls.

"It would be my pleasure to be your daughter's godmother." Emily claimed.

They handed me the scans back and I put them back in my pocket.

"Oh, and can you ask Toby and Caleb to come to the Brew?" Ezra asked.

"Um why?" Hanna asked.

"Because we want them to be the godfathers.

"Oh okay." Hanna said.

"I'll call Toby now." Spencer smiled.

Hanna and Spencer went off to a quiet place in the Brew to call them and Emily stared into her now empty coffee cup.

"You know we would've asked Paige if she was still in Rosewood, right?" I broke the silence.

"Yeah, I know." Emily said before forcing a smile.

Paige left Rosewood sometime last week and Emily had been pretty upset about it.

"Toby is on his way over. He should be here in about five minutes." Spencer explained.

I nodded at Spencer and flashed her a quick smile. Hanna walked over to us and plopped back down on the couch.

"Caleb's on his way." she giddily said.

"Okay." I replied.

The boys arrived at the same time and walked over to us with their hands in their pockets.

"What's the important news?" Toby asked.

"Our baby is a girl and she is due on Aria's birthday." Ezra answered Toby's question.

"That is so weird. So like, you guys had sex on the same day Aria's parents did eighteen years ago?" Caleb half-laughed.

"Okay, Caleb, never say that again, please." I begged.

"Say what?" he asked.

"Anything about my parents sex life. Ever." I warned.

"Sorry." he apologized.

"Right, and you said there was an important question to be asked?" Toby said to Spencer.

"Not my question. Theirs." Spencer explained as she tilted her head towards us.

Toby and Caleb looked at me and Ezra. Ezra nodded at me to tell me that I should ask them.

"Okay. How would you two feel about being our daughter's godparents?" I asked them.

"I would love to." Toby replied.

"Yeah. That would be great. Thanks, you guys." Caleb answered.

I smiled at them then they both gave me hugs. After they'd hugged me they gave Ezra man hugs and shook his hand. 

I looked at all of my friends and smiled at the sight of them. How happy they are. How protective they are. I don't see them as my friends, I see them as my family.