Happy New Year

*New Year's Eve* 

Ezra and I got married six days ago and we decided not to go on a honeymoon. We are going to my Dad's house to get the rest of my things because I'm running out of clothes at Ezra's, well our apartment. We had discussed getting a new house before the baby comes but I told Ezra that I wanted to contribute with the rent, seeing as he paid for the whole wedding himself. 

"Are you ready?" Ezra asked, parking outside my Dad's house.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I answer.

"Do you want me to come with you?" hr asked.

"I don't think that's a good idea. He will still be mad and will probably hit you." I replied.

Ezra nodded in agreement and I got out the car. I knocked on the door and waited for it to open. Mom and Mike know that I'm coming but Dad dosen't. Dad opened the door and walked away from me. I walk inside.

"Nice to see you, too." I said with a hint of sarcasm in my voice.

I walked upstairs to my room and saw Mike and Mom. Mike saw me in the doorway then walked over to me and put his arms around me.

"We've got most of your things ready." Mike pointed out.

"Thanks." I said smiling.

"Did your father say anything?" my Mom asked, packing some of my clothes into a box. 

"No, he just walked away." I answered, walking over to help them pack. 

"Typical." Mike said. 

I shook my head and let out a small laugh. I didn't take long to pack because there was only a few things left.

"That looks like everything." Mom said. stepping back. 

"Lets get these to the car." Mike said, picking up one of the boxes. 

I agreed and we took the boxes to the car.

"Is that everything?" Ezra asked as he closed the trunk.

I took a minute to think and realized that I'd forgot something.

"Wait!" I said as I walked back to the house.

I ran up the stairs and into my room. I looked under my bed a took out a box with Ezra's name written on the lid with a heart beside it. I sat the box on the bed and looked inside it to make sure everything was still there. The old camera he gave me, the book he gave me, the little things from the first time we had coffee and the things that were only important to us. I took out the necklace that he gave me, the one he called lucky, put it on then closed the box and walked back out to the car. 

"That's everything." I said, climbing into the passenger seat and closing the door.

"What is that?" Ezra asked, looking at the box in my hands.

I opened it and showed him. He looked at the contents of the box one by one, his smile growing.

"You kept all this stuff?" he asked in admiration.

"Of course I did," I started. "It's you."

He smiled at me then leaned in and pressed his lips against mine.He pulled away and tried to give him the necklace as I closed the box. 

"Keep it. I don't need a lucky charm when I have you." he said, handing the necklace back.

I put the necklace back on and and Ezra started to drive. When we got to the apartment we took the boxes in and unpacked them. By the time we had finished unpacking it was nearly time for dinner. 

"Are we still going to Spencer's for dinner?" Ezra asked.

I took out my phone and called Spencer. 

"Hey, Aria." she said as she answered the phone.

"Hey, we were just wondering if we were still having dinner at yours tonight?" I asked.

"Yeah. It's cooking just now." she answered.

"Okay. What time should we be there?" I questioned.

"Twenty minutes or so." she clarified. 

"Alright. We're on our way now." I said.

"See you soon." she replied before she hung up.

I put my phone back in my pocket and got my coat on.

"Dinner's ready in twenty minutes. Should we walk?" I asked.

"If you want to walk, we can walk." he said.

I gave him his coat and gloves and we walked outside into the crisp air outside. It was still a little cold because it was still snowing outside but we didn't mind. We were walking hand in hand until I stopped to give a homeless man money. I took out twenty dollars and handed it to him and Ezra did the same.

"Thank you." the man said in admiration.

"You're welcome." Ezra and I replied.

Ezra took my hand again and we started to walk.

"That amazes me." Ezra said.

"What does?" I asked him.

"You." he replied.

I looked at him and raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"You care so much about other people. Nearly everything you do is to help others and you don't even realize it." he explained.

"Well, I am am compassionate, according to Alison. Mona said that's the reason she picked me to be in her group." I replied.

"You are compassionate." he answered.

I smiled at him and we continued to walk to Spencer's house. We arrived at her house and she let is in. Everyone was already there except Hanna and Caleb. They got there five minutes after us.

"Sorry we're late." Hanna said.

"You're not late. You're just in time." Spencer said as she was putting dinner out.

Everyone sat down and I helped Spencer get dinner to the table. 

"Wine?" Spencer asked me as I sat down.

"I don't think that's a good idea." I said.

"Non alcoholic." she pointed out. 

"Alright. Sure." I answered.

"I'll have non alcoholic too." Ezra said.

"But you're not pregnant." Hanna said. 

"No, but if Aria's not having alcohol, neither am I." he replied.

"Ezra, you don't have to do that." I said.

"I know but I want to." he answered.

Spencer poured everyone's drinks and we ate dinner. When we all finished dinner we just watched tv and played games. When we finished playing games it was five minutes to midnight. We waited for four minutes to pass before we watched the clock to count down the ten seconds to the new year.

"TEN. NINE. EIGHT. SEVEN. SIX. FIVE. FOUR. THREE. TWO. ONE. HAPPY NEW YEAR!" we all shouted.

Hanna and Caleb, Emily and Paige, Spencer and Toby kissed. Ezra looked at me, lifted my chin and placed his lips on mine. I wrapped my arms around his back, held his shoulders and kissed him back. We pulled away from the kiss.

"I love you." we both said to each other.