I'll Protect You

Ezra and I were woken up at 5:30am due to Daisy crying. I was getting out of bed when I felt Ezra's hand on my arm.

"No babe, I've got her, go back to sleep." He said quietly.

"Are you sure?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I'm sure." He told me. "You put a bottle of your milk in the fridge for her last night, didn't you?"

"Yeah." I said and nodded slowly.

"Go back to sleep, I'll take care of her until you wake up again."

"Thank you, Ezra."

"You're welcome, honey." He spoke softly as he kissed my forehead.

I smiled to myself as I lay back in bed and closed my eyes.

When I opened my eyes again it was around 8am. I sat up in bed and saw Ezra sitting next to me, cradling Daisy in his arms.

"Good morning, honey." He spoke quietly.

"It is a very good morning." I smiled at him.

He smiled back as he placed a soft kiss on my lips. I looked down at Daisy as Ezra and I pulled apart.

"She's so beautiful." I said as I stared at her.

"She's perfect." Ezra said. "Just like her mother."

"I'm not perfect." I argued.

"You're more than perfect to me."

"You're more than perfect to me too." I told him.

We both smiled and kissed my forehead.

"You should call Mike now, ask him to come over for lunch." Ezra suggested.

"He's going to be so happy to see Mona." I said as I reached for my phone.

"Yeah he will be." Ezra agreed with me.

"Speaking of Mona, is she still asleep?" I asked him.

"She is, I checked in on her a few times to make sure she was okay." He answered.

"She's been through so much, who knows what happened to her while she was gone."

"I don't even want to imagine what -A could've done to her."

"Me neither." I reply.

I call Mike and he agrees to come over for lunch today.

Ezra and I both get out of bed and get ready for the day.

After I'd showered, got dressed and done my hair and makeup I quietly knocked on the door of the guest bedroom.

"Mona, are you awake?" I asked with a soft voice in case she was still sleeping.

"Yeah, you can come in." Mona replied from the other side of the door.

I went into the room and Mona was sitting in front of the mirror fixing her hair but she was still wearing the pyjamas I let her use.

"I won't be long." She told me.

"Take as long as you need." I started. "And you can borrow any of the clothes that are in that closet."

"Thank you, Aria."

"You're welcome." I said as I walked towards the door.

As I was leaving the room I turned back to look at Mona.