Surprise Visitor

*Back At Ezra's Apartment*

Ezra and I were lying on his couch staring at the prints of our baby in dead silence. At least we were until there was a knock at the door. I stood up and put the prints on the dresser beside the bed and Ezra answered the door.

"Who is it?" I called over to Ezra.

He didn't answer so I walked over to see for myself. It was my Mom.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, with a tone of anger in my voice.

I've not spoke to my Mom since the argument we had in her classroom that day and she hadn't tried to contact me.

"I'm not here to argue, Aria." she replied.

I walked away and sat back down on the couch.

Ezra let my Mom and closed the door. He sat down beside me and my Mom sat across from us. I took Ezra's hands in mine and waited for her to talk.

"I heard about what Alison did at the Ice Ball." she said.

"That's not why you're here." I confronted her.

"No. It's not. I'm here because I was thinking about what you said in my class the other day." she started. "And you're right.

I looked at her with a surprised expression on my face.

"What about Dad?" I asked.

"He's still really angry but he's been asking about you." she answered.

"What do you mean by 'asking about me'?" I question.

"If you're going to school. If you look well." she replied.

"Of course I'm well. I'm with Ezra." I said.

I looked over to Ezra and he was smiling at me.

"I know." she said. "How was the appointment at the clinic?

"How do you know about that?" I asked, with a confused look on my face.

"I saw you go in." she answered.

"It went great." I started. "The doctor said our baby is a good size and is perfectly healthy.

"That's good." she replied.

"Yeah, it really is." I said, smiling at Ezra.

I remembered that the prints were on the dresser and walked over to get one. I picked one up then walked back over and sat down beside Ezra. I handed her the print and she took it. Ezra and I looked at each other, waiting for her to say something. 

"It's beautiful." she said with a smile on her face and tears filling up in her eyes. 

We both smiled at her in relief. 

"Thank you." Ezra and I both said.

"There's something else we should tell you." I added. "And you might not be happy about it."

"What is it?" she asked, still looking at the scan of me and Ezra's unborn baby.

"Ezra and I are engaged." I said.

"I know." she replied, looking up at us.

"How?" I questioned.

"The ring on your finger." she said, looking at the diamond ring.

I don't know why but I just laughed.

"And you're right. I'm not happy about it but I'm not disappointed either. Ezra is a good guy and he takes care of you. It's very clear to me that you love each other and you're eighteen now, it's not illegal so I'm not going to stand between your happiness." she admitted.

"Thank you, Mom." I said.

"Ella, thank you so much." Ezra added.

She nodded at us then stood up.

"Okay, well I'd best be going. I have to cook dinner for your father and Mike." she said, handing me the print back.

"Keep it. We have two more." I replied.

She took the print back and smiled. 

"Can you tell Dad I love him?" I asked.

"Of course." she replied.

Ezra and I walked her to the door. She hugged me and Ezra.

"I love you, Aria." she said.

"I love you too, Mom." I answered.

My Mom left Ezra's then he and I went back to lying in silence, looking at our unborn baby scans.