Family

Daisy had fallen asleep in my arms and the nurse had just let my mom, my brother and my friends into the hospital room. They all crowded around Ezra and me with our daughter.

"Aria, Ezra, she's so beautiful." my mom said in awe.

"Thank you, mom." I replied.

"Yes, thank you, Ella." Ezra added.

"She's so tiny!" Spencer exclaimed.

"She looks like you, Aria." Alison said.

"Who's eyes does she have?" Emily asked me.

"She has her daddy's eyes." I told her.

"She's so cute." Hanna squealed.

"Mom pulled me out of math to come here and I hate math so thank you for having a baby today." Mike said.

Everyone laughed and although we laughed quietly, Daisy woke up. She didn't start crying. Her eyes looked around the room to examine all of the faces looking at her. She didn't seem frighted or worried and just a few moments later she fell back asleep.

"What's her name?" my mom asked in a whisper.

"Daisy." Ezra and I responded at the same time.

I looked at my mom for a few seconds then back at Ezra and my baby.

"Her name is Daisy Ella Fitz." I said.

My mom took her gaze off of Daisy and looked up at me.

"Her middle name is your name because through all of this you've been really supportive and you've helped Aria and me a lot, and even though I got your daughter pregnant at eighteen you still refuse to hate me and you let me marry her, you accepted me into your family. For that, I'm really grateful and I honestly can't thank you enough." Ezra told my mom.

"Ezra, you make my daughter happy and Aria's happiness is what I want most for her, so you don't have to thank me. If anything, I should be thanking you." my mom replied.

I looked back up at my mom to see that her gaze was locked on Daisy.

"Do you want to hold her?" I offered her.

"Please." my mom responded.

She slowly stood up and I gently handed Daisy her. My mom sat back down carefully, making sure Daisy didn't wake up. As soon as my mom had sat down with her, Daisy wrapped one of her tiny hands around my mom's finger.

"Hello Daisy." my mom said in a soothing voice. "I'm your grandmother, Ella."

Daisy responded by gripping my mom's finger tighter. I smiled at the sight. About ten minutes had passed with my mom holding Daisy and everyone else talking quietly about her until there was a quiet knock at the hospital room door. Caleb, who was leaning against the door, moved and open it. The person who was at the door was the nurse who delivered Daisy. As soon as Ezra saw her he held me in his embrace and we exchanged worried.

"Is something wrong?" my mom asked.

She didn't know that Daisy might have underdeveloped lungs. No one knew except Ezra and me because we hadn't told them yet.

"She... uh... she might have underdeveloped lungs because she was born too early." Ezra managed to tell the her and everyone else.

"Yes," the nurse started, "but we don't need her in the incubator for about half an hour. I'm here to tell you that you have another visitor."