We'll Get Her Back

My heart began to beat faster as I turned around to see who's hand was on my shoulder.

I let out a sigh of relief and hugged Ezra when I saw that it was him who was behind me.

"You scared me." I whispered.

"I'm sorry, babe, the police are in the house, they think A's here." Ezra replied quietly.

"What? Where's Daisy?" I asked him worriedly.

"She's safe." Ezra started. "The police said that Spencer got a text from A saying that A was going to kill her if she didn't hand over Daisy. Spencer told the police and they've got a plan. They're not going to let anything happen to our daughter."

"So what's the plan?"

"One of the police officers have Daisy, Spencer has a baby doll wrapped up in Daisy's blanket. She's going to lay the baby doll in the back yard and if all goes well, the police re going to arrest A as soon as they go to pick the doll up." Ezra explained.

"Can I see Daisy?"

Ezra nodded and took my hand as he led me to the kitchen.

"Toby, we want to see Daisy." Ezra said to our friend who works on the police force.

"Of course, come with me." Toby replied.

Toby led Ezra and I back out of the house and over to a van that was parked in a driveway across the street. He opened the back of the van and it was empty.

"Where is she? Where's my daughter?" I asked, my voice shaky.

"She should be here, one of the officers had her." Toby replied.

"Who was the officer?" Ezra asked.

"I don't know, Holbrook took her from Spencer and gave her to whoever had her." Toby answered.

"My baby's gone." I said as I turned to Ezra.

Ezra wrapped his arms around me and I cried into his shirt.

"Our baby's gone, Ezra, she's gone." I cried.

"She's not gone, we'll get her back." Ezra tried to relax me.

"We'll find her, I promise." I heard Toby through my sobs. "We won't stop looking until she's home safe."

I continued to cry into Ezra's shirt as he held me close to him, trying to make me relax, but I couldn't.

"Honey, I know you're scared, I am too, but the police will find our baby girl. We'll get her back." He spoke softly, his voice shaking.

I could tell by Ezra's tone of voice that he also wanted to cry. He was trying to be brave for me.

"You don't have to act strong for me." I said between sobs. "She's your daughter, too. You're allowed to be scared that she's not here. You're allowed to be hurt. You're allowed to cry."

That's when Ezra did start crying.

"This is all my fault." Ezra cried. "If I hadn't suggested we go out for dinner and stay at that hotel last night, we'd probably still have her."

"No, don't blame yourself. This is not your fault. You didn't know this would happen. Neither of us did." I said, now trying to calm him down.

Ezra didn't say anything after that, he just held me close to him as we both cried.

"We need to find out who that police officer was." I said after ten minutes of silent sobbing.

"I'll ask Holbrook." Ezra responded.

He and I headed back over to our house and Ezra walked straight over to Holbrook as soon as we got back in.

That's when I got the text.

'Do you want your darling daughter, Daisy back? Meet me by the lake in woods. I'm waiting. She's safe for now. Come alone or she dies.'

I didn't even hesitate before I left the house again, not telling anywhere where I was going.

________________________________________________

I'm sorry that I've been taking so long to update my stories, I've been busy and don't really have a lot of time to write more chapters.
I know this chapter is pretty short but I'm nearly finished writing the next chapter and it's a lot longer than this one.
Thank you for continuing to read my stories, it means a lot to me
- Chloe