A New Threat

I stood at Ezra's door, my hair soaked with the rain and my dress and jacket sticking to my skin. I wiped my tears and knocked on the door and waited for Ezra to answer it. I would usually walk in but ever since Ezra got back to Rosewood after being shot on that rooftop in New York he has kept his door locked, and I left the set of keys he gave me in my bag, in my house. I heard Ezra unlocking the door. It took about a minute because he has two locks that are complicated to open.

When Ezra opened the door he has a smile on his face. His smile faded and he wrapped his arms around me. I hugged him back.

"You've been crying." he pointed out. Ezra could always tell when I've been crying. "What's wrong?" he asked. 

"Can we sit down?" I ask him. 

"Yeah, of course." he replied.

We break the hug and I walked over to the couch. Ezra closed the front door then walked over to his bed and picked up a blanket. He walked over to me.

"You're cold." he said as he wrapped the blanket around me.

"Yeah, I walked here and it's raining.Thank you for the blanket." I said as I sat down on his couch. 

Ezra sat down beside me. There was about two minutes of silence before Ezra spoke. 

"What's wrong?" he asks me.

I didn't say anything. My eyes start to tear up again.

"Aria, you're starting to scare me." he began. "Please talk to me."

I look at him, tears now rolling down my cheeks again.

"Ezra, I..." I trailed off.

I closed my eyes and lowered my head. I breathed in through my nose then out through my mouth.

"Ezra, I'm pregnant."

Ezra just stares at me without saying anything. There is a minute of silence before he talks.

"Are you sure?" he asked me, he sounded calm.

I took the two tests out of my pocket to show him them. He took them from my hand and looked at them.

"Yeah. I'm sure." I say, looking at him to see his reaction.

"Aria, I am so sorry." he apologized.

He put the tests on the coffee table and pulled me into a hug then kissed the top of my head.

"How long have you known?" he asks.

"Since today. Just before lunch." I reply. 

He doesn't say anything. He just holds me.

"My parents know." I began. "So does Mike and Emily. Emily caught me buying the test. Mike walked in on me and Em talking and my parents must've went in my room." I finished.

"How did they react?" Ezra asked me.  

"Emily and Mike were supportive. My parents weren't happy, they wanted me to get an abortion. So I left." I answered.

"You can stay here." he explains.

"Thank you." I reply.

Ezra unwraps his arms and we sit up. Ezra holds my hands and looks at me.

"So... what do you want to do?... With the baby?" Ezra asked. 

I hesitated for about two minutes before I gave him an answer.

"Ezra, I want to keep my baby... Our baby." I explain.

"Okay. So we're having a baby?" he asks.

"We're having a baby." I reassure. 

Ezra smiles and pulls me back into a hug. We sit in silence. My phone beeps and I have a text.

'You think this pregnancy is bad now? I'm going to make it a nightmare.
Kisses, -A'

"Oh my God." I say, trying to be quiet.

"What's wrong?" Ezra aksed.

I hand him my phone so he can read the message. He doesn't say anything. He stares at the message, trying to fighure out what the threat means.

"We can't keep our baby, can we?" I ask him.

"We're keeping our baby. We'll get through this. I won't let -A hurt you, or our baby." Ezra answered.

"I love you so much." I say.

"I love you too." He replied.

He lifted my chin and gently pressed his lips on mine.

He broke the kiss and looked at me.

"One battle at a time." he said.