Worried

Ezra's POV

It had been a week since Daisy was born. One week since Aria and I were led into a hospital room to find our newborn baby girl in an incubator with tubes that helped her breathe.

I'm really worried about Aria. Since the day Daisy was born, Aria has't slept much. I've had a lack of sleep too, but she's probably had less than five hours of sleep since that day.

 Aria also has't been eating. When she was offered food at the hospital, she would either sit and use the fork to move it around on the tray, or she would just say that she wasn't hungry and refuse it. At first, I thought it was because she didn't like hospital food, but her mom brought her something that she loved and Aria still refused to eat it.

For the past few days Ella has been bringing Aria lunch to see if she would eat. Today was the same, except Ella couldn't stay, she had to be back at Rosewood High for a meeting.

Ella handed me the lunch she had prepared for Aria. I started heading back to the hospital room where Aria and Daisy were, when Ella's voice stopped me.

"Ezra?" She spoke with worry in her voice.

I turned around to face Aria's mother. Her eyes were glazed with tears, as were mine.

"I'm really worried about her." Ella's voice cracked. 

"I know," I ran my hand through my hair. "I am too."

I let my tears fall from my eyes. Ella walked up to me and held me in her embrace as I cried.

"Ezra, listen to me," Ella started. "Aria loves you. You're her husband. She trusts you. If anyone's going to help her get over whatever is going on, it's going to be you."

I wiped my tears and waited for Ella to speak again. 

"Just try to convince her to eat something, even just a little amount, and try to get her to sleep for a little while." Ella continued.

I nodded and took a deep breath in.

"I'll call you if anything changes." I told Aria's mother.

"Thank you, Ezra." Ella said before she left the hospital.

I took another deep breath in and quickly walked back to Aria's hospital room.

When I opened the door and looked in, Aria was still sitting in the chair next to Daisy's incubator. Her hand was still holding Daisy's through the little hole in the side of the incubator. Aria's gaze was still locked on our daughter.

"Aria, my love?" I spoke quietly, trying not to startle her.

"Mhm?" She replied, her voice weak.

"Your mom brought you lunch," I informed my wife, walking closer to her.

"I'm not hungry." Aria claimed.

"Aria, you've not eaten a thing since the day Daisy was born, you must be hungry." I responded with a gentle tone in my voice.

"I'm not hungry!" Aria repeated herself, raising her voice a little.

I knelt down in front of the chair she was sitting on and took her free hand in mine. I kissed Aria's hand then looked up at my wife with pleading eyes.

"Aria, you have to eat something." I spoke softly.

"I don't have to eat anything." Aria replied, still keeping her gaze locked on our sleeping daughter.