I Love You, Baby Girl

I was woken up the next morning multiple times from Ezra but I kept falling back asleep.

"Seriously, Aria, wake up." Ezra begged.

"Five more minutes." I pleaded.

"You said that an hour ago."

"Okay. I'll get up." I moaned.

I fluttered my eyelids open and gradually sat up in Ezra and I's bed. I blinked a few times as I reached over to the bedside table and picked up the glass of water Ezra had brought me. I took a big gulp then put the glass back on the table.

"How are you?" Ezra asked.

"Tired." I answered.

"You've been sleeping since eight last night.

"What time is it now?"

"It's ten in the morning." he replied.

"Crap, I'm late for school." I exclaimed.

I was in the middle of jumping out of bed before Ezra stopped me.

"It's Saturday, Aria." Ezra explained.

"Then why did you wake me up this early?"

"Because Spencer and Emily are downstairs."

"What about Hanna?"  

Ezra didn't answer my question. He leaned over and picked up a tray of food and handed it to me. The tray had a plate of pancakes with a side of whipped cream and chocolate sauce, a blueberry muffin, fresh toast, fruit, a glass of milk, a glass of orange juice and a fork and knife.

"I made you breakfast." Ezra tried to change the subject.

"Ezra, what about Hanna?" I asked again.

I squeezed the whipped cream and chocolate sauce onto the pancakes as I waited for Ezra to give me an answer. I cut a triangle from the deck of pancakes. Still no answer from him.

"Ezra, did Hanna get hurt?" I asked, this time demanding an answer.

"Not exactly." he replied.

"What do you mean 'not exactly'?

"Hanna. Was. Arrested. Last. Night." he responded, each word in it's own sentence.

"What the hell? What for?

"Tanner found traces of Hanna's blood on the clothes Mona was wearing the day she was killed. They think Hanna helped Alison kill Mona." Ezra explained.

"This is what 'A' wants. 'A' isn't going to stop until all of us are in jail.

"Aria, we need to have a little hope.

"Hope is a dirty four lettered word." I quoted Spencer.

"Stop quoting Spencer."

"But it's true." I claimed.

"Not always. Now eat your breakfast." he demanded.

Knowing that Ezra wouldn't let me kip breakfast, I picked up the red apple and took a big bite out of it.

"Happy?" I asked sarcastically after I'd swallowed the piece of apple.

"Ecstatic." he replied.

I finished my breakfast, brushed my teeth then got dressed and went down stairs. Spencer, Emily and Mike were sitting on the couch watching something on TV, although the girls didn't seem very interested.