Daddy Issues

My talk with Mike had left me in tears. I wiped my eyes and picked up the pregnancy tests and started to walk upstairs. My front door opened when I was halfway up. It was my parents. I quickly hid the test and rushed to my room. I closed my bedroom door and sighed.

God that was a close one. My parents nearly found out. No one else can find out until I tell Ezra. I call him. 

"Hey, Aria." he started. He sounded happy.

"Hey, how are you?" I asked, trying to sound normal.

"I'm good. And how are you?" he replied.

"I'm... fine. When will you be home? I really miss you." I say. 

"I'm on my way now. I should be back in Rosewood tonight.I'll call you when I'm home." he explained.

"Okay. See you soon then. Goodbye. I love you." I reply.

"I love you too, Aria. See you soon." he said before he hanging up.  

I place my phone down on my bed, with the pregnancy tests. I wanted to know when he would be home so I could tell him about the pregnancy. I couldn't exactly tell him over the phone, thats too impersonal and besides, I couldn't risk my parents finding out. Not yet anyway. I got a text from Hanna.

'Meet at the Brew. It's important.' the message read. I start to wonder what could be important. Has Emily told them that I'm pregnant? Or worse, has 'A' told them?

'Be there in 10' I type with shaky hands. I grab a black leather jacket and put it on. I put my phone in my pocket and go back downstairs. 

"I'm going out, I'll grab something to eat at the Brew" I call to my parents before they have the chance to stop me leaving. 

When I got to the Brew it was just past 5:30. I walk over to our usal table and sit down beside the other girls. 

"So what's so important?" I ask them, worriedly.

"Okay, which one of these dresses looks better?" Hanna asked, holding up two short and tight ones. One that's black with a white collar and the other, white with a black collar

"Oh my god, seriously, Hanna? I thought there was an emergency!" I said with an angry tone in my voice.

"This is an emergency. I have a date with Caleb tomorrow and I don't know which dress to wear!" She replies, shaking both the dresses. 

"The white one." I answer, trying not to sound mad. I love Hanna but these type of 'emergencies' annoy me a little. The white one is better though. 

"Thank you. The white one it is." she said before carefully putting the two dresses back in their bags. 

"Okay. I'm going to get a coffee." I say. I nod to Emily like I'm asking her to come with me, so the others didn't notice.

"I'm going to get a refill." she stated to the others and picked up her cup and followed me. 

"Please tell me you haven't told them?" I say, still with a shaky voice.

"No I've not told them. I wouldn't." she explained. I sigh and thank her.

"Hi. What would you both like to order?" the barista asks Em and I.

"A dry soy cappuccino please." I say to her, politely.

"And can I just have a refill, please?" Em says.

The barista nods and walks away to make our drinks.

"Does Ezra know yet?" Em asks me.

"No, not yet. He gets home tonight so I'll tell him then." I explained to Emily. She nods.

The barista walks over with our drinks "here you go" she said. We both thanked her at the same time, before taking our drinks and going back over to Hanna and Spencer. 

"So how are you feeling?" Spencer asks me as I sat back down. "Emily said you weren't feeling too good earlier."

"Oh. I'm much better now. Thanks for asking." I answer. 

My phone starts ringing. It's Ezra. I answer the phone.

"Hey Aria, I'm home." he said.

"Okay. Can I come over just now?" I ask him.

"Yeah, of course." he replied. 

"Okay thank you." I say before hanging up the phone. 

I stand up and tell the girls that I have to go and see him. I walk home first to tell my parents that I was going to stay at Spencer's, although I was going to stay at Ezra's place.

It started to rain just as I walked through the front door to my house. I was walking upstairs to my room when my dad stopped me.

"Aria. We need to talk." he said with an angry tone in his voice.  

I look over and see Mike and Mom sitting on the couch.

"About what?" I ask him calmly. 

"About this!" he said in an even angrier voice.

He held up both of the pregnancy tests. Oh my god, how did I forget to throw them out?! 

"Daddy I can explain." I say, with pleading eyes and a guilty tone in my voice. I only call my dad 'Daddy' when I want something or when I'm sorry.  

"NO I WILL EXPLAIN. YOU ARE GOING TO THE CLINIC TOMORROW AND YOU WILL GET AN ABORTION!" he yells at me. My eyes start to tear up.

"Daddy, I'm your little girl. You're supposed to-" I start to say before my dad interrupted me.

"NO ARIA, YOU ARE NOT MY LITTLE GIRL. NOT ANYMORE! I DON'T EVEN RECOGNIZE THE GIRL STANDING IN FRONT OF ME!" he shouts, even louder than last time. 

I start crying and try to run upstairs but my dad grabs my arm. Mom and Mike tried to calm him down but he continued to yell at me.

"YOU ARE NOT HAVING A CHILD AT EIGHTEEN, ARIA. NOT AS LONG AS YOU ARE LIVING UNDER MY ROOF!" my dad screams at me.

"I am not getting an abortion, I want to keep my baby!" I yell back at him. 

"WELL IF THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT TO DO, YOU CAN PACK YOUR BAGS AND GET THE HELL OUT OF MY HOUSE!" he bellowed.

"Fine." I say. I grab the two tests from my father's hand.  "I'll leave."

I open the front door and walk out into the pouring rain with tears streaming down my face. I heard yelling in the house as I left. I put the tests in my pocket and start walking to Ezra's apartment.