🤎Glance of an angel (1)🤎

MALLIKA

MALLIKA

I groaned in sleep as I felt the warmth of the sunlight falling over my face. I tightly pressed my eyes expecting to get some more sleep. However, the rays kept disturbing me and I shot my eyes open with frown. I found myslef snuggling to my favorite companion- Griffin. Well, Griffin was my teddy bear. I knew that it was very childish of me to be obsessed with teddies even in my early twenties. You couldn't blame me. From my childhood, I grew up to have such a weird obsession with my teddy.

It was early in the morning. Just a usual day of summer. The weather was quite sultry and scorching.

I was an early riser who woke up always at 5-6 a.m. Like daily routine, I did my morning cores which included some exercises and Zumba dance. I loved dancing and free exercises. I moved with the the beats of the music and hummed the lyrics swaying my hips. Dancing was a reality escape. Not to mention, it gave me peace of mind.

After dancing, I was panting for air while sweats had formed on all over my face. Shaking my head, I took a towel and went to the washroom for freshening up.

Soon I was completed with my all works. I put on a casual white tshirt and black skinny jeans. I was not usually a makeup person. I only did makeup whenever I went any party or any function or occasion. So I just went with an eyeliner and a lip balm to look presentable atleast.

Then I went downstairs with my bag humming some lyrics of one of my favourite songs. My eyes were quickly greeted by my dear grandmother who was sitting on a chair chopping some vegetables. She was in her around 60's but she was still fit and she looked gorgeous. I adored how still now she carried herself with elegance and confidence.Her name was Maria. She was a widow after my grandfather passed away due to cancer just two years ago. They were a lovely couple and loved each other unconditionally. My grandmother was the backbone of our family, maintaining everything with perfection and keeping eyes on anything related to us.

"Good morning, dear" She greeted with a smile when she looked at me. I approached towards the dinning table.

"Good morning, granny." I too replied with a grin.

"Mallika ,go and have your breakfast.I have made your favourite dish." She said

"Thank you for making my breakfast. I appreciate it."I went towards her and hugged her while kissing her cheecks. She grinned at me and caressed my cheeks.I then had my breakfast which consisted of my all time favorite pasta and left for my dance academy. I actually lived in my own apartment with my best friend. Now I had come to visit my grandmother and Uncle Luca as my grandmother was craving for my presence.

I had my own dance academy which I had opened after completing my graduation. It had been 1 year of teaching dance to the children. They were like my second family.
********
SUMEDH

I was busy in scrolling through my phone when I heard the door slamming open.I looked up when my one and only friend came into my view.

"Sumedh, he has been beaten up so brutally but still he's not ready to accept his fault."