🤎Battles of shattered minds(65)🤎

Since my exams have ended, I am currently chilling with netflix, shopping and hanging out with friends. At the same time, I am also studying bit for entrace exams. So yeah I am taking a break from my daily schedule. That's why I was unable to update anything new. Anyways, this chapter is long. And, do comment please.

Do read the ending note and answer.

MALLIKA

I was not in myself after unpredictable news of my disability to be a mother. Everything was messed up and so was my mind. Sumedh was growing distant. Our relationship was facing downfall gradually. I was not sure about what to do or what to think. There might be possibilities of us breaking the marriage with those things going around here. And I personally blamed myself for everything. If I would have listened to Siddharth and Ralph on that day and would have just stayed with Avneet and Cassey, it wouldn't have happened. Cassey would not have been killed like this if I would have not be so persistent and impulsive. Due to my imprudent and reckless behaviour, everyone was suffering. I couldn't give Sumedh a baby. It was absolutely mental torture whenever those thoughts would cloud my mind.

The guilt was there in my heart wrinkling my soul like withered leaf. I wanted every pain to end. Sometimes, I felt like I should have ended my life which was useless and worthless. But deep down in my heart, I knew that if I would ever take such a dreadful step, Sumedh would be devastated, heartbroken and finished. He had lost so much in his life. He was a fighter in spirit. He definitely didn't deserve all of these. That was why I had promised myself that I would never leave Sumedh alone except if he himself told me to do so. I wanted to fight for our love and I needed to have the acceptance for the harsh reality.

After revelation of my uncle's truth, my grandmother was legit facing a tough time to accept the gruesome truth of my uncle.I and Avneet were there for her every time to provide her the mental strength to balance the feeling of betrayal. She was now aware of Sumedh's truth also and fortunately, she had totally understood the situation and accepted Sumedh. On the other hand, I was very much upset with my uncle. He was such a sadistic, manipulative and diabolical person who had ruined his own closed ones' lives just to fulfil his acquisitiveness. The uncle who had basically hands in raising me for years and had never let me feel the absence of my parents, he came out to be such a pathetic and cynical minion who took pride in feeding lies after lies to everyone including his own family.

"Hey Mallika " I heard Avneet's voice while I had been standing in balcony eyeing at the sky.

"Guess what, there is a surprise for you." She beamed at me walking inside the room. I lifted my eyebrows in confusion. She looked suddenly joyful which was rightfully unexpected.

"Surprise?" I deadpanned.

"What happened? Should I be worried about something? You said that the surprise is stored for me but all I am seeing is your teeth glowing due to smiling too much." I remarked quiet rudely rolling my eyes at her.