🤎Miscarriage (62)🤎

"He is waking up

"He is waking up."

"He is moving."

"Riccardo will be fine now."

"Yes Uncle, Sumedh is moving. He is going to wake up."

I heard distant and inaudible voices when I tried to open my eyelids slowly. I grunted in annoyance as I felt a sharp pain shooting through my shoulder portion along with my neck. When my vision became cleared, I attempted to adjust my eyesight with the brightness. As they adjusted with the illuminating light of the room, I saw Siddharth, Dad and Avneet along with some unfamiliar woman surrounding me. They all had small smiles and content looks on their faces.

"Jesus! Finally you are awake." Dad said as he took a seat on the stool beside me.

"Son, you have got all of us worried. We have been waiting for you to wake up for hours." He exclaimed with a sigh and caressed my cheek with his palm. My eyes trailed around the room and then they fell on my dad's anguish orbs ,only to come in the realisation that I was in a hospital room. I tried to understand what was going on seeing the heavy and mournful atmosphere.

"Why am I here?" I thought in my mind. My muscles and my arms were aching and there were some bruises on my entire body and I had my right arm wrapped in a bandage. I tried to sit up and I was immediately hissing in pain.

"Wait, let me help." Siddharth offered his hand and he slowly helped me to sit up on the bed.

"Thank god, you are OK now." Siddharth said with a small smile and he hugged me. Breaking the hug, I could notice their expression. Their smiles didn't reach their eyes. There was a quite uncomfortable and tensed atmosphere in the room. My eyes roamed in the room as I searched for a particular person whom I yearned to see right now.

"Where is Angel?" I asked after finding no trace of her in the room. Their postures immediately altered into glommy and they became tensed. Siddharth turned away to other side and Dad looked at me sympathetically whereas Avneet's eyes turned glossy.

"What happened?" I asked ,worry consuming me seeing their body languages. Had something happened with Mallika?

"Didn't you remember anything?" Avneet muttered under her breath as she started welling up.

"Has he lost his memory?" Siddharth asked one of the nurses.

"Nothing serious Sir. It happens. Since he has woken up from long rest and severe injuries, he just has got short time memory lose. Since the memory is painful, he just has obliterated it from his brain for some moments. He will remember very soon." She replied. I gave them a look before nodding my head.

"Where is she, Dad? I need to see her. Also what happened to me? Why am I here?" I enquired. They all shared a look among themselves before Dad held my hand. He sqeezed my hand inhaling some air.

"Mallika is also admitted in a hospital. " My body stiffened as I heard Avneet's words. My mind immediately braught back all the horrible memories that happened with Paul. I shut my eyes when those moments flashed back in front of my eyes.