🤎Leave Them(20)🤎

She was still unconscious looking almost like a motionless body in the bed

She was still unconscious looking almost like a motionless body in the bed. Her head was covered with bandage and she looked more fragile and pale. Dark circles had been spotted in the corner of her eyes on her beautiful space , her jawline had been straight and her red rosy lips had transformed into dried purplish lips which were almost like fertile land. She had small signs of bruises on her face, hand and neck. Her face was still glowing in the dim light of the room revealing her dull features of her body. She was the epitome of beauty but today it was different. A chirping and lively bird like her had become a spiral shaped snail who was lazy and was not ready to come out of her shell. She was now a snail who was not ready to open her eyes and to approach to her closed ones. A week had been passed, she was still unconscious and was under the observation of the doctors.

Sumedh released a sigh as he took her one hand in his palm and lifted his other arm to caress his forhead. He leaned towards her face bending on her ear level.

"When will you wake up, Angel? It's been a week and you are still asleep. I hate to say this but it's difficult to see you like this. I actually miss your crazy banter."

He whispered in her ear softly brushing his lips on her earlobe.

"I have never thought that your life would mean so much for me. You are my angel and I want you safe at any cost. I guess, I am really desperate to hear your voice. Just wake up."

His voice was slightly choking as he wanted to take her in his arms and feel her. He laced his fingers with her fingers kissing her temple and nose tip. His kiss lingered with her temple for a long time before pulling back from her to rest his forehead against hers. It was the moment which did some kind of miracle. Sumedh snapped back into senses when he felt her fingers brushing with his.

"Sumedh"

She spoke which was barely audible to him as her eyes snapped open. Sumedh immediately looked at her with hopeful eyes.

"Angel"

He exclaimed with a wide smile spreading across his lips. Her lips curved into a smile as she hummed in response. She tried to get up but her weak body caused her groan in pain. Sumedh instantly went to her side helping her to sit up on the bed.

"Thanks" She mentioned with a sigh. He nodded his head and inched closer to her drawing his one arm around her shoulder as he hastily moved to sit beside her on the bed.

Her eyes softened looking at him. She lifted her arm to place it on his cheek brushing her fingers on his face. She romaed her eyes all over his face as if taking in his all features which she missed badly. Before he could say anything, she pressed her forehead om his pulling him closer by his nape.He too pulled her closer almost causing her to sit on his lap.

"I missed you Angel." He found himself saying it even though he cursed himself after saying it.

"I missed you too" She replied. He didn't want to say this loud that he himself was surprised to reveal such sentimental word to her. He was stubborn to admit that a part of him was relieved and happy that it was not only he who missed her but also her who had equally missed him.