🤎Buisness Party-II(44)🤎

Sumedh's outfit

Sumedh's outfit

"She was my ex-girlfriend"

His words sent a bolt of shock passing through me as I stared at his retreating figure with wide eyes. My heart broke at the moment when I realized how bluntly he lied to me when I asked him about Jevika. I knew that I shouldn't be jealous because firstly she was his ex-girlfriend not present and secondly he had declared that I was just a deal to him. I didn't want his words to sting me in this way. I didn't want to feel in this way but still my stupid heart was crushing with the newly found revealation. My heart was crushing not due to the fact that she had been with him. But I was breaking because he atleast trusted her enough to share his past with her whereas he had never shared anything with me. Whatever I knew about him I came to know from his step father and Siddharth.

The thought that he didn't trust me a bit made me feel miserable. He really proved me that I was worthless in his life. I felt my eyes again wailing up at these thoughts. I hated myself for feeling in this way whereas he could care less. I wouldn't cry. I would be stronger. For someone like him who didn't care about me, I was not going to remorse. I would not allow myself to get vulnerable. Brushing away my tears, I moved from there.

****

The hall now was crowded. I looked for Avneet in the big room. I caught a glimpse of her at the corner of the hall. I pushed past the people excusing them and made my way towards Avneet who was sat on a stool facing her back to me.

"Hey" I called when I reached there. I took a seat beside her. She was holding a glass in her hand.

"You are drinking?" I asked eyeing at her as she drunk the liquid from the glass in one go.

"Obviously I am. I need to losen up." She replied facing me and grinned at me.

"It's been long I have taken drinks. I really crave for them. I seriously need to be free of stress for tonight." She giggled and gulped another shot. She was already half drunk. Well , it had been long we had got drunk. Let's not forget about the shitty conversation I just had with Sumedh ? I too needed a drink to forget about him and everything.

Screw Sumedh. Screw Riccardo.

"Waiter, one whisky for me." I ordered. He placed a glass which I grabbed quite happily. I held the glass high for Avneet who seemed to understand my gesture and she too lifted her glass high.

"Cheers" We said loudly and laughed. I then poured the entire liquid on my mouth in one go. A bitter-sweet taste lingered on my tongue burning my throat in the process. I snickered and took another shot. After almost managing to drink four more glasses,I hiccuped to which Avneet giggled.Not to mention that I had totally forgot about everything that had taken place just some times ago which was good sign.

****

While we were drinking and laughing at our lame jokes, a man around our age approached us. He looked really handsome with his blonde hair. However I was not really interested in blondes. I liked brunettes more.