🤎Realization: Too late(45)🤎

Finally the most awaited part is here

I stared at the fragile figure of her as she slept peacefully. In these 9 months, she had already managed to change without trying. She had made me someone who I didn't want to be. I didn't want to be soft, weak and kind. I loved being selfish, arrogant, brutal and cruel as it kept me away from all of kind of troubles. But after she came in life, I suddenly was interested in making her mine which was so silly of me. Yet I went to take the risk and now here I was using her for my own purpose. I couldn't help but feel bad. It was such an inappropriate act to be so cruel with her when she didn't deserve it. She was innocent. She was living with walking demons but was completely unaware of many things. She called me monster which I was probably. However she didn't know that they were more of monsters than me and they would take a moment to destroy her life. They were sticking by her side clearly providing the message of destruction.

For a fact, I couldn't have her close as she had already turned my world upside down. I didn't want to care. I didn't want to get involved with her life. I just wanted my revenge.No matter how much I would have tried, I couldn't let her get away from me. Somewhere there was feeling that I had to save her. I had to protect her. When it happened with my mother, I couldn't do anything except begging to save her life. I was helpless when my mother was being brutally raped by another man. I could do nothing except shedding uncountable tears. I hated myself more than anything for the day. I couldn't bear to think about it.

Whenever I tried to recall those events,my chest felt heavy and I felt the surrounding suffocating me from everywhere. The guilt was agonizingly breaking my soul and everything whenever I recalled about her. It was painfully heartaching. The lose was something which I could never borrow from the life-giving nature and neither the almighty. I was a terrible human being. I knew that. I was fucking messed up. It was better to be away from me. I knew that.

I released a deep sigh seeing her lay beside me. She was an angel. She was beautiful from both inside and outside. She was the princess who needed a prince to love her for always. But here I was the devil taking in her prince's spot. She was the sweet and beautiful heroine and I was the villain of her story.

I wrapped my one arm around her sleeping figure and pulled her to my chest. She snuggled closer to me pressing her face against my chest. This felt home. She smelt like mint and strawberry. I placed my lips on her forehead for some times before pulling away. I closed my eyes in anticipation of her sweet aroma captivating me under her magical spell. I would love to be like this forever. This was peace and blissful.

*****

In the next morning,I woke up hearing a loud scream. I rubbed my sleepy eyes and looked up to find Mallika eyeing at me with confusion.

"What happened?" I asked yawning. She blinked thrice and then looked away.

"What are you doing here?" She softly asked.