🤎Allergies on Egg(34)🤎

MALLIKA

MALLIKA

I woke up early in the morning like always. I found myself pressing against something hard as it was radiating warmness through my body. My eyes moved to the place where an arm wrapping around my waist and my head resting on Sumedh's chest. His body was radiating heat which had engulfed me. I felt secure and comfort in his embrace still now. Even after knowing that he was the one who had made my life upside-down with his threats ,I still felt same feeling of protection under him. And I hated myself for feeling like that.

He seemed to be in deep slumber. So I didn't bother to wake him up. I carefully woke up so that his sleep didn't get disturbed somehow. I went to washroom and did my morning chores. I put on a fresh set of clothes. Sumedh had not yet woken up. I went downstairs in dinning room where Sumedh's father was reading newspaper sitting on a chair.

"Good morning,Mr. Spencer." I greeted him.

"Good morning,dear. Call me Ralph." He gave a small smile. I just nodded with smile and settled on one of the chairs. Avneet came there shortly after a few times. She greeted me and took a seat beside me. I greeted her back and smiled.

"How was the night?" She tried to say teasingly. But seeing her expression,it was crystal clear that she was displeased and doubtful.I didn't blame her as she knew me very well. We had grown up together. It was natural. I seriously didn't have any idea on how I was going to keep this secret from her.

"Good." I simply said trying to avoide the topic.

"Is that....

She was going to say something but stopped when Julie thankfully came there with the tray of breakfast. She placed the food in the table and greeted all of us.

Avneet was still looking at me suspiciously when I avoided her gaze and started having the sandwich. Wait, it tasted like egg. I was not a fan of egg. I might be thinking too much due to everything happening around. With Avneet's constant gaze, I kept eating the sandwich avoiding any kind of interaction with anyone present there.

"What the hell!" Avneet suddenly screamed. Our attention turned towards her while she glared at the sandwich in her hands.

"What happened,Avneet?" Ralph asked with concern.

"Yeah what happened?" I too asked her. She didn't reply, instead she took one sandwich from my plate. I narrowed my eyes at her with surprise.

"Mallika, this is egg sandwich and you just took it." She yelled scowling at me. My eyes widened in realisation as I bit my inner cheeks for having it without noticing.I had allergy in eggs and the outcome was horrible.

"Jesus, what did you do, Mallika? Why did you eat the sandwich if you are having allergy in eggs?" Ralph asked concern.

"What? Who has allergies?" The familiar voice was heard as Sumedh chose that exact moment to take entry in the scene. He walked near our table. He was ready in a black tuxedo just like those buisness men.