59. A Merciless Angel Descended From Rinea's Mind

The tea had a bitter taste. Iria had mentioned something like, 'I would never be able to live without black tea' or something like that, but still...Sylas wasn't made for drinking such bitterness.

"How does it taste?"

"...It's good."

"I thought you were a better liar than this."

"You've thought about me?"

"Not that much since you made yourself invited without my consent anyway."

Tasia's blank eyes weren't able to see, but still held some deep annoyance in themselves. Thank god, she wasn't able to glare as how she used to before.

...If she was the real Tasia, that was.

Sylas needed to remind himself of this fact quite frequently these days. Even though he had no doubt his shadows were right, he still failed to see through this imposter's true nature.

"I thought nobles in Hares know how to send a notice beforehand, so that people would know if they were going to meet them."

"That is if we talk about strangers."

Sylas swallowed with difficulty and put the teacup aside with a disgusted look.

"But I decided to do such a frivolous act, because I had no patience to see my only daughter."

"Oh, how nice of you, Your Grace."

She didn't even try to smile at him.

'And to think that Cassian said Tasia was more than eager to know me better...'

"...But where is mom?"

"She...She had some business to take care of related to the Tower."

"The Tower?"

"...Yes."

Sylas took a look at her suspiciously, "There are some problems with the protective magic cast around the royal grounds."

"You mean, the land which the Silver Palace is located on too?"

"Yes. After that night there were some problems occurring around this area...They are taking some extra measurements."

"I see. That's so nice of them, right? Duke."

"Your mother is a wonderful person."

"I mean the Tower actually. Goddess...You really do love her!" She suddenly laughed leaving Sylas without any words.

"Was mom the only thing you thought of when I asked you about what the Tower was doing?"

"Well..."

The girl chuckled softly as if she was actually Tasia and what she heard made her genuinely happy. As if she actually cared for her parents.

But no, no, it was...

'...If this thing really cares for anyone, it should be Iria, not me.'

"...I acknowledge the Tower's work."

"But what does the Tower do anyway? I haven't really grasped of any of their actual doing. Aside from giving an extra hand during those many festivals of Hares' and protecting the royal family here."

"The Tower's doing is nothing of my business. It's almost impossible to know about that if you are not a member of th..."

"Almost?" She smiled a bit.

"I guess this 'almost' is related to some people being connected deeply to the core members of the Tower. Such as you..."

Sylas remained silent for a second or two. His real purpose in coming to see this thing was because he was suspicious of its aim. Taking the place of the Crown prince's sister, who was also a high ranking noble in Hares by birth and an acquaintance of the only prince of Syris? There must be a reason behind such a reckless act.