Prologue

There was this time of the year when everything reminded her of her home. And whether she wanted or not her mind flew to the time when she together with her twin lived with her mother. It was a peaceful and happy life she missed too much.

"Are you okay, miss?", her knight asked.

He was rather a bit clumsy and rude knight who hadn't even swore an oath to her yet. It was all because of the fact that he became a knight at the age of sixteen – the same as their honourable and kind Empress Iris – that he was that famous among all. And thus – didn't lack any confidence.

She frowned.

"When have I asked you to come to escort me?"

She didn't like him much and that was like a public secret. The prince knew, the Empress and the Emperor too. Even the chancellor, her mother's uncle, was aware of that as well as the Big Three, as known as the Beasts at the battlefield – Roy, Cassius and Dorian, her own uncle – count Morina, her mother's brother, and her grandparents on her mother's side. And her twin knew too.

Well, the knight was probably aware of that fact too.

"My instincts of a perfect knight, milady," he said the well organized words from before. He probably had asked someone to help him about that.

It was pitiful but not enough to make her like him, though.

"... And His Highness as well," the knight added at last.

"He did?"

"His Highness, the Crown Prince, cares about you a lot, miss Sc..."

"Don't."

He was confused for a moment, so she added:

"You are going to be my knight, correct?"

"Yes, milady."

"And not only that," she smiled a bit for the first time after a year isolation in the Royal Temple. She was really pretty when she smiled, the knight noticed. "You will be my very first knight. I'd like you to address me in a different way. But only when we are with no people around."

That was necessary if she was going to Hares in a few weeks with the prince as his temporary advisor.

"Tasia. Call me Tasia if that's okay for you."

The knight took her hand and kissed her back. It was a great honour for a knight to receive their master's name.

"Thank you, milady. I, Keid de Bresner, swear to be a loyal and brave knight of yours..." and so the oath began.