31. The Dilemma

The king was a dangerous man.

The prince knew that, yet, now it seemed the man had decided to show him just how much of a dangerous man he was.

'And that just before the meeting...'

He was supposed to be waiting for Tasia at this exact moment. To meet her, escort her to the ball and spent a very good amount of time with her. This was the first time the girl went out after the collapse.

Noah had to be with her!

"I know I'm asking for you a bit out of the sudden..." Rhys Kai de Akrara said with a small smile carved on his face.

And if that wasn't the understatement of the century...

"... But there was something urgent I need to talk to you about."

It really needed to be that urgent for him to be calling the prince at this time of all.

"I'm listening."

Matthew had the hunch something was not right the moment he was refused to become a part of the healers in training of the Three Great Saints' Temple. Then there were those ridiculous restrictions that made him a bit excited as he was what people would call a troublemaker material.

And then there were the talks he had incidentally eavesdropped.

He didn't attempt to put himself in such situation where he doubted whether to be a loyal monkey or a rebellious fool.

'Neither the first, not the second one has even one plus.'

He simply lacked the brain. Matthew wasn't smart enough to make up a good plan and maybe – just maybe – to really decide what to do.

He had no desire to become a rebel just because he had wanted all his life to leave that poor, infertile land and study for a saint among the best of the best. But a future where he was kicked out from the Temple for leaking information wasn't that good too.

And Matthew had only five days.

Five days to decide what to do. Because as he had found out - this time by intentional eavesdropping – the rebellion was to be set on the last day of Anastasia's days.

The ninth.

Gale had been shining like a star all day while Rinea had the opportunity to spend some time out in the festival area. The main street, called after the most famous of all Saints, was filled with laughing people and dancers, traders and jewels, colors and flowers.

And noisiness too.

It was strange, though. To see Rinea there of all places.

"Don't you know?"

Sirius looked up scanning the tall green haired royal knight with nothing but pure curiosity. As he had stated just a little while before, he hadn't expected for the girl to have such an acquaintance.

"Rinea hates noisy places. That's why she avoids the crowded ones, especially when festivals as big and famous as this are held. The only reason she took part in that game a few days ago was that not many people gather in the first hours of the first day."

"It seems, though, that she's enjoying her time around."

At the saying, the two looked at the smiling purple haired girl, who was looking through some jewels at a near stall. A little boy, probably five-six years old, was boldly suggesting to her to buy all the things she had seen. There was a saying that people were connected with the things and people they had laid their eyes on for more than just few seconds.