75. A Miracle

It took a single blink with the eyes and then they all had returned...or that was what Tara thought at least. But looking around her, she found her brother with the same shock as hers.

Impossible!

What was this type of magic? Tara had never heard of a mage being able to reverse time. What a...

'What a miracle...'

And to think that... Was it hers? Was it her doing, this, this...

Tara couldn't put it with words. Everything that came to her mind was too little to describe what had happened.

To reverse time was one thing, but death...

Rinea had died! This wasn't a simple thing! She had died before Tara's – everyone's – eyes! Moreover, how was she even able to activate this magic then?

Then, was it someone else?

Come to think of it, Tara did see Rinea's faithful dog as some called him. Gale had yelled in attempt to save her, but sadly, he was too late. And Tara, as Leo's lover and a very influential figure in Hares, had never heard of his magic affinity, to be honest.

'Yeah, maybe it was him...'

But then...

'He reversed time only to die in her stead?'

Tara knew that there were some essential qualities required to be chosen by Leo. And except for muscles and physical abilities, he should have some brain too. Couldn't he have come up with some other solution on his own? Surely, he didn't think of really dying, that...

Tara had seen many people and had become used to human nature.

False promises.

Insufficient love.

Broken oaths.

Hopeless dreams.

Above all stood lies. Even if someone swore to protect you, in the end the same one ended up hurting you the most. Not to mention that sacrifice – so easy to talk about – was too hard to be made. But still this...

This wasn't right in some way or another...

'He actually stood between the two and took the deadly hit in her stead...?'

Tara was amazed, to say the least. Never had she ever seen such a person, she stared in dead silence thirsty to find out what would come out of this...this...

...this devotion.

Such a complete, unconditional devotional, something unthinkable...

Just like when Rinea threw herself before that criminal of a Saintess and chose to die for her.

Now Tara was more that intrigued to find out what was to come next.

"What? Aren't you going to say anything? Ha, as expected..."

She shrugged looking down at his figure still on the ground kneeling and flinching with shock in his eyes.

"You are no fun at all."

"And to think that you were so chatty just a while ago...What's wrong? It seems that our roles have been reversed. What a shame!"

A shame, she had called him. But she was one too. Because she had only demonstrated her skills as a spell-caster in that dreamy-like reality when she was led to her death, she doubted many would think of her as the real culprit.

Though there were a lot of people who were minding her business because of her previous position as the Crown Prince's advisor, they didn't really see her as such threat. This was in a completely different level of skills.

Magic spells were written in special books, who were very rare even in the Magic Kingdom, Hares. Thus, spells became rare as well. Only Royal Academy students were taught of them and still, there was even a special class that was specifically specialized in learning magic spells. They were the next offspring of the special type of mages called 'spell-casters'.

This class was which Rinea had graduated from disguising herself as Emily.

But the problem was that not anyone was allowed to attend this academy. It required a lot of knowledge and the entrance exams were too difficult to take. Not to mention that the knowledge needed for taking the exam was mostly accessible in the noble circles.

That was why the word 'spells' was famous with the nobles. One could bring this topic and another would immediately think of the aristocracy.

World was harsh, but this was also advantageous for Rinea. Since she was the outcast from the Hera House and Leo still refused to accept his noble title, she was observed as no more than a commoner.

'That's exactly why they told me to stay by the commoners' faction's side of the hall.'

And now, since this morning, Rinea was able to mentally smile.

There was something good today after all.

So, now that Rinea was careful not to use spells, she wasn't completely sure what to do with those chains.

'Ah, and they are magic too...'

What a bother...

Now she had to think of breaking those damn chains without using magic too.

When the chance was granted, Yuriel stretched her hands almost desperately to catch the thin and small beam of light that was delivered to her as – one would say – her last hope.

She grabbed Matthew's collar and said sharply, "If you do not start doing anything, all her efforts, her sacrifice, would have been for nothing."

"B-But..."

She knew exactly what was going on inside his head. Something similar would have been in hers if she hadn't put up with stress a long time ago. Yuriel couldn't put a finger on it, but knew that the life she had been living before had taught some lessons that couldn't just be erased by just a mere amnesia.

"You are Messenger boy, correct? What does precious Leya say about this?"

"It's not like we communicate all the time!"

"Oh, sorry, my bad. But you should have a hunch, right?"

"Well..."

"Hurry up, prophetic boy."

"Ok, I have the hunch that she will surv..."

"Oh, then that's just enough!"

Yuriel patted him hardly on the back earning an almost startled jump from him and a distorted face.

"I just so much happened to be in a hurry too!" Ellis interrupted.

"Right! Here, our generous paladin has a wife waiting for him! Hurry up, please...!"

Yuriel wasn't just worried about those guys' safety, though. She hoped Rinea would make it to the other day too.

And once this became true, Yuriel was going to put her hands on that girl and not let go even for the whole world.

'I'm waiting for you. Rin.'