30. The Untold Story Of The Lost Princess - Part One

There is nothing people won't do for a life, was stated in a book Tasia once had read.

'There's nothing I won't do for them to be happy and alive,' she thought.

Hazel was oddly excited for tonight. It wasn't her first, nor was her last time participating in the festival. She gave her all as the Magician of the Black Tower, so that everything would go as smoothly as possible. But that feeling...

She was in confusion.

'Why... why do I feel like... something is going to happen?'

As the day passed, so did the time to the ninth ball. And there was pretty much to do and no time for that.

"Do you actually do something? Seems like you're the black sheep, no?"

Some of the clerks in Sylas' office in the Main Palace were starting a commotion again. Everyone was anxious at times like that but...

But that didn't help at all!

His shadows began to talk as well. Sylas believed that he had a stern hold of his powers but it occurred that as he became more and more tired his treasonous shadows rose in revolt.

It was enough...

Everything was enough!

Sylas slammed his fists over his desk. A few scrolls fell and unsettled around it. All four of them, who were in his office at the moment, stared in cold sweat.

"All of you... solve your problems OUT OF HERE!"

Some of them apologized – very stuttered apologies at that – and all quickly disappeared from the office. Leaving nothing but silence behind themselves.

'Ha...'

Even though many claimed that the cold, emotionless Grand duke Talis had learnt how to feel after he had met the duchess, he still terrified some of the workers when he didn't have a good mood. Hell, if Iria was not around, he had no mood at all!

'Iria...'

As the image of his wife came to his mind, a little smile appeared on his face. His eyes softened and so did his other features.

He didn't quite remember what he had used to do before her. Sylas had first met her when she was only thirteen and he was just seventeen. Iria introduced herself as 'Hazel', an adventurer, who travelled around the world, gathering knowledge she couldn't learn from books. She was a shiny, brave and smart then too. That way his attention was captured by the little red haired girl with those stunning blue eyes.

None of them knew anything about each other. Iria hid her identity as the lost Crown princess from Syris and so did the others. Rhys had no intentions to tell anyone for him being the heir to the throne of Hares, Tara and Jax were just analyzing the whole situation as they knew nothing of Iria's background and Sylas simply didn't see why he should tell her anything about himself.

As he had the tendency not to reveal anything unnecessary to others.

But Iria – Hazel at the time – proved to be quite the brave fool. She wanted to help people, to save them and didn't do that for anything. She just liked to see them happy and smiling.

"Because... do you see that smile? The boy smiled when his sister came back safely. They... they look so happy."

Sylas found himself drown himself into that unknown sensation. Little did he know later he understood exactly how he felt at the time.