85. One's Business

Some said if one had no work, they should find. Or at least try.

But that man had been standing for hours in her room, annoying the hell out of her without any particular reason.

"If you think of idling around, just stop. There are so many people here..."

His sudden laughter broke off her speech.

"No, there aren't. Do you know how many people lived here during the second chosen one's timeline? No, you can't possibly know, because otherwise you wouldn't say what you has just said."

Yuriel gritted her teeth.

"I don't want a bunch of useless people."

'Like you,' she was dying to add, but didn't.

One conversation with Sirius the other day had left pretty much the impact on her. He had suggested her trying to restrain her anger.

"Not that you really need to. Do what you want to. No one would say..."

"I'll try."

But it was...

'...easily said than done.'

"What?"

She could literally feel the annoying smile on his face.

"What are you thinking?"

"Nothing."

"What? I couldn't hear you..."

"Oh, shut up!"

She threw a pillow in his direction. And she so much pleaded the goddess for it to have actually hit him...

His vibrant laughter wasn't a good sign. She hadn't succeeded.

"Good hit."

"It didn't hit you, though." She noted.

"Next time it will."

"If you are as kind as to stay in its way, perhaps it will."

Yuriel slammed her hands on her desk and closed her eyes. Then she put a hand on her face and indeed, she had shut them as she wanted. Due to her lack of sight, she had a hard time sensing some movements such as blinking, opening or closing her eyes. But she had to change that very soon.

"What are you doing?"

"Studying?"

"Is that a question?"

She opened her eyes again and turned her head in his direction.

"No, of course not!"

This made him laugh.

"Then?"

"Self-studying. I'm like a damn child right now, learning some habits people are bound to have since an early age."

"Is it annoying?"

"You can't possibly imagine how much exactly."

"But you don't seem to be doing your best."

"..."

When no answer came, she heard his quiet steps and didn't bother to turn around anymore. Both of them knew she was blind. And at the same time, it was like she had eyes on her back. Her light magic was improving and day after day she had better control over it, which meant she could sense the moving of shadows around her. And him.

This Temple was surrounded with much light outside and inside. It was like beginning with the easier mode of a game.

"You are waiting for something."