4. The Negligible Protection

If anyone had asked Tasia years ago if there was a life after death she for sure would say 'No' but not after what happened during her stay in Syris under the protection of the royal family. A certain duke happened to appear before her when she was in the middle of her training...

And so the travelling around the foreign memories began.

If the woman in front of her asked her if she believed in reincarnation, she would definitely agree.

"You are really weird. Are you alright, Haze?" Asked the woman with them.

The magician simply nodded and smiled.

"It's just... You are very similar like a person I have known," Hazel answered.

Well, that was quite an explanation for the long hug, the teary eyes and the unusual smiles even for someone like her. The princess - and sister - of the king was pretty emotional in front of the only lady from the Syrian delegation.

"I have heard that before," Tasia answered with a reassuring smile. "There are many people thinking that I have the same black hair and brown eyes such as them. I am used to things like that."

Well, now definitely was not that case. That was princess Hazel or the former princess Iria from Syris. The same niece of the person that Tasia knew for sure that had reincarnated. And that was also the person who had been living for five years under the name of Hazel la Krencia.

That was her mother.

The tea party, which was organized by Hazel, failed in the moment when Tara happened to come into their meeting and interfere. That wasn't fair at all! Tasia knew that her brother was able to meet their mother without much efforts. Why was she doomed to not be able to meet her in private and talk to her? They hadn't seen each other for more than a year!

"I'm pretty sure everyone would like to be acquainted to you, lady Future Empress," Tara said sweetly.

At Tasia's frowning she quickly added:

"Ah, I forgot! That nickname wasn't to your liking! Then would it be okay with... miss Genious?"

"My first name will do, lady Callios."

Tara laughed.

"Ah, did I offend you by any chance, miss Genious?"

"Tara," Hazel said firmly. "Lady Scarlet is tired after meeting the professors from the Royal College. I meant to make her take a break from her duties as a companion of the Crown Prince."

Her mother was doing her best to make her feel better. That made Tasia really satisfied. What was more enjoyable than being with your mother after so long and hearing such words?

She was just an angel descended from heaven. That was why she deserved the best. But...

Did the duke of Talis make her happy enough? Her mother deserved to be the happiest person in the world.

"It's fine, lady Hazel," Tasia said with a warming smile. She needed to find an excuse to get out of this situation. "It has already been an hour. I have to go to see His Highness, prince Noah. May I be excused?"

"You..."

"That's fast. Such a thing that only lady Genious is capable of, well done!"

Tara really was playing too much on the girl's nerves.

"I'm sorry, sir, we will..."

"That doesn't help at all," he struggled to find the right words without offending too much the maid. They all were too emotional. He hadn't had that problem with Tasia years ago so why were all the maids so emotional really? "That problem wasn't supposed to appear in the first place!"