29. The Hidden Power Of Ice Cream

There was a sudden uproar in the hidden training ground some kids used to play around. Play around with weapons. An uproar caused by the man, sent to kill them both.

The last time Cassian was forced to have a meeting with Liliana was long, long ago. Actually, the so called saintess avoided him since their talk after the poisoning. It seemed he had successfully scared the life out of her.

'Mission completed,' he thought with content.

But now he was the one annoyed. Why was the king forcing him to participate in this meeting?

There were less than ten hours before the official ceremony that was held for the magicians of Hares to mark the end of the Great Saints' festival. It was understandable for her to be here, yes, but the Crown prince had many responsibilities. Attending that meeting wasn't necessarily one of them.

"...And so that's the hold point in arranging the paladins in the way they will be tonight," she finished with a slight bitterness on her face.

Liliana was offended that she was forced to explain why she decided to put all the knights, guarding the healers, mostly around the Temple. Which was pretty near the royal grounds – so it was near the place where the ball would take place. As a matter of fact, in Hares the Temple and the royal family were two completely different things. They coexisted in peace with an unspoken unity as they did NOT interfere into the other's business.

So, the paladins had nothing to do near the royal ball as their job was to guard the saints – the healers that resided in the Temple. But they were placed on that side that took them quite the little time to the Main Palace.

Cassian didn't think much of that, though. As it might be a miserable mistake of his, at the moment he simply didn't care about her. In fact, his mind was far, far away from where his body was. His thought brought him to the day when everything changed.

With a slight – barely visible – frown on his face, he recalled the moment a simple mistake changed his life completely. And if it was only his...

Tasia smiled at him warmly as her hands squeezed the weapon made out of wood. She was quite different from their mother, Hazel. Her favorite element might be air, which was the second preferred one of the princess of Hares, but she enjoyed the earth too. Something not that pleasant to Hazel.

Their mother might have become a Master of Three, yes, but she had never really enjoyed using earth as she loved bending water more and air too. She had once told them that water reminded her of the calm, pure nature she had, or rather was told she had to have, but air gave her the sense of free will. With air she was able to express her true self. Tasia had quite the different view of that, though.

She believed air made her free as she could do anything off the ground, while she could hold to herself, without going mad, by using earth. It kept her to the ground and reminded her of who she was.

Tasia rarely smiled like that at him. They hadn't got the best relationship as siblings but sometimes such small moments made his day. Without him realizing that, though.

"We'll go through this too. Do you believe me? I trust my sense and our abilities to get away with everything. We'll be fine, I promise!"

You shouldn't promise something you couldn't foresee or do.

"You, little girl... are still a few steps behind me!"