Epilogue

"You have to be kidding me! The hell's with those Haresians! I know I haven't been so alive for two centuries, but that's..."

"For the first time in my entire life..."

"You are ten, kid!"

"...And so, that will be the only time I will ever agree with you."

They have left a child. A NEWBORN before the Temple?!

"I need an explanation. Right. Now." Yuriel stated dryly when the cry of the unfamiliar child echoed in the empty temple.

"Matthew, I know I have agreed to be the mother of every individual once I was made the Fourth Saintess, but..."

She sighed, "...I thought it was only figuratively."

"Well, it was..."

"I know what's happening!"

Every and each set of eyes turned towards Rinea, even Yuriel looked in her way, though she wasn't still able to meet her eyes. She was still working on trying to resemble a person, who wasn't blind.

"I have read about it. Since Ancient Times people believed that protection made even the giftless come closer to the Light..."

'Oh, here comes another foolish belief of those damn Haresians...'

"So, you mean that..."

"This is actually pretty popular. There are many records from the time the previous Saints have lived. People abandon their children saying that it's better for them to be raised by Leya."

Anastasia stared blankly at Rinea, "...Well, this is the first time I hear about that."

"Is it possible you've forgotten?" Matthew suggested.

"I'm not alive! I'm using Yuriel's light mana, so it can't be..."

"Well, anyway, what happens with those people abandoned in the temple?" Yuriel asked.

"There's not much about them in the records, but if I should guess, perhaps they don't have a long life."

"Receiving the mana of a Saint is not easy for anyone to handle."

'So, they, they...the people...'

"Is this...a sacrifice, perhaps?"

No one answered Yuriel. Maybe this thought was circulating in their heads too.

The young saintess sighed, "Goddess, this is just too much to handle right now...but I'm definitely not killing this baby!"

Rinea chuckled, "Maybe Aahlya will want it..."

"She'll probably bring the knife if someone wants to take it from her hands..." Matthew thought through it.

"Well, she's still giv..."

A tickling feeling run through Yuriel's whole being and a tiny, sweet presence appeared in the strong mana area she had created inside and outside of the temple. Yuriel froze as she heard someone gasp near her.

It was Rinea, of course. This girl had strong sense of mana detection, which was equal to Yuriel's. As amazing as it was now Yuriel knew exactly what Rinea had sensed.

The same thing that had triggered the silver-haired girl's mind.

"It's...here..."

"Yeah..."

Yuriel chuckled as she made her way further to the insides of the temple followed by the noisy gang of hers behind.

It had been so long since they were so ecstatic over one thing. Everyone had been waiting for this. Ellis was literally going crazy for the past few weeks, though he had been acting un-Ellis-befitting since several months before.

Yuriel had promised to hire the best doctors and she herself had ensured that Aahlya's room was more than filled with the comforting, smooth presence of light that would take all her pain.

"...she's here."

Aahlya had finally given birth.

The small child, the amazing tiny presence of the baby girl made all present grin widely like mad people, laugh and hug each other like never before.

Yuriel even heard someone sob quietly. It was definitely Rinea, she was sure of it. She was very weak to such emotional situations, so if one would expect somebody to cry, it would most probably be her.

"...Yuri..."

Aahlya's thinned and hoarse voice made its way to the girl's ears. Yuriel was blind, yes, but some days she wished like never before to be able to see.

So that she could picture those moments which made her thank that unfamiliar goddess more than ever.

Moments like this one.

"...Missy..."

It was Ellis. He sounded so oddly different from before. His carelessly joyful voice was gone or rather...it was mixed with so many emotions...so many that he probably didn't feel the ground under his feet.

After all...

'...they have successfully welcomed their daughter.'

"This is Arthirea..."

The child cried loudly, her voice filling the light room.

Yuriel lifted her hand, carefully touching the baby's skin. It was smooth, so smooth she could hardly believe she could feel something like that...

'It's a new-born, a new being...'

Everyone had been wishing to finally welcome her. Since the time they heard Rinea state unknowingly she could feel the presence of a small being they had been more than ecstatic.

Ellis had stated that it was probably because all of them were single, which had earned him quite the slap from Aahlya, but he was right. No one since that time had experienced the feeling of having to take care of a baby.

"It will be an amazing adventure." Matthew expressed his opinion.

It definitely was.

Yuriel's lips curled in a soft smile and she found the steaming feeling from behind her eyes. It was definitely due to her tears telling her they were coming out.

For the first time she didn't feel the need to hold back.

"And I shall bless Arthirea with my utmost genuine blessings."

"I hope she'll grow up safely..."

"By the way, did you know Haresians can leave children before the Temple with no worries?"

"...Ch-children?"

"And we here have a baby boy as well, so..."

"..."

"..."

"...HE'S MINE!"

"Ugh, Aahlya, w-wait, let's th-think this through..."

"No, give him to me!"

"Aahlya..."

Matthew laughed wholeheartedly amidst the chaos too soon after Arthirea's birth.

"Didn't I tell you this would happen?"