7. The Chamomile Tea And The Guilty Queen

'How troublesome!'

Tasia wanted so badly to ask her twin how he was able to manage those annoying headaches around the duke. The week that followed after the meeting with the king was all full of preparations. And even though she was just a part of the Syrian envoy, Tasia took a part in some of the activities too.

There was always a chance he could meet him and almost every day she encountered him and had a brief talk with him or just greetings. But the headaches were something she didn't understand and even less - control. So, Tasia just decided not to do anything regarding that stupid festival and only talk with the professors or visit the hospitals in the capital.

Well, why was he everyway?

'I need to ask mum where for god's sake is their time as a couple when he has a lot of time to spare, it seems,' she thought to herself.

"The duke is here?!"

"Duke Talis has decided to visit our humble Academy...!"

Tasia almost laughed. Oh, really? Just... Just REALLY?

'Humble? Ha!'

The Academy of Magic and Science in Hares was famous through out the whole world but it was... Hmm, humble, they say.

"Greetings, Your Grace," the headmaster of the Academy, Shane Arcana, said with a nod.

Well, it was good that no one bowed at least.

"We've been pleasured to be visited by not only one but two honourable guests."

Tasia met Sylas' black eyes and nodded slightly. That stupid headache seemed to worsen just with one look. Her vision became blurrier and blurrier with every second.

And on top of that she could swear she saw the shadows move slightly around. Well, she was a little insane, it seemed.

Tasia didn't want it to lead to another vision.

'Just don't... Please, don't...'

She was about to ask personally Leya to just spare her this time when a firm and clear voice broke the talking among the professors and reached her mind.

'Are you okay, lady Scarlet? You seem pretty unwell.'

She was startled a bit by that stating but it looked like there was no one else who heard that. Was he using his magic now? Mind link he created just to talk with only few. She knew that Cassian was able to do that with anyone too not just with her as she was able to only talk with him like that. So, he inherited that power from him.

Tasia shook her head.

'Just a bit under the weather. Nothing to worry about, Your Grace.'

The reason of her health to worsen was actually him, so she didn't want Sylas to try to help her when it would in fact lead to more bad than good.

Just how did Cassian manage to be around this guy non stop?

The duke didn't seem convinced, though.

"... preparing the tea and sweets. You will sure enjoy them! Would you like to spent your time a bit more, Your Grace? I heard you like pretty much to eat sweets?"

'He did?' Tasia couldn't control herself and let a sigh looking at him.

Well, nothing so surprising. If Cassian and Hazel were sick of the sight of something as plain and adorable as sweets, wasn't is possible that Tasia's habits were likely to be like those of Sylas'?

"But the lady doesn't look quite well," the duke said.

The whole party of professors turned their eyes to her and one by one nodded and agreed. Well, it was the duke that first said it. Of course they would agree.