19. Saving Rinea's Skin

It hurt... It really hurt.

MAKE IT STOP!

Tasia would pray for the pain to stop countless of times before but...

She wasn't so naive anymore. She knew it wouldn't until the vision stopped showing her the full painful memory of most probably Iris or her mother.

But that was not the case now.

'How... ' She was in disbelief.

It seemed a completely different person that she was able to see through his eyes.

It seemed the so called saintess had the most casual of the most casual conversations with the prince. Was that what had so much concerned the girl the moment she heard about their audience?

Tasia sighed inaudibly.

'It seems she wants to play on my nerves.'

And apparently Tasia was allowing her to. What a joke she had come to only because of her own foolishness. Though, the girl felt so angered that she was ready to kill the blond woman the moment she saw her.

... But now was not the moment for an attempted murder, unfortunately.

"What do you think? This one... Or the other? It's like that's darker..."

"No, Rinea, they are the same."

An hour was still NOT enough for Tasia to persuade her brother's friend that the two skirts she was doubting to wear were one color and one pattern.

"Are you sure? Well, Sasha?"

Tasia sighed as the other girl called a young woman, it seemed she was part of the staff from Rinea's favorite boutique.

"That purple is darker, don't you think so, Sasha?"

The problem was that Rinea had vowed to wear only pink until her coming-of-an-age. Thus when she finally reached the age of fourteen she found hard to get rid of all those pink this, pink that. So now she was going to fulfill her promise to Cassian – as Tasia had been informed – but she was trying to find the lightest purple ever made into a dress, so...

This was too much even for Tasia's nerves.

'No, actually, it can be too much even for Cassian's,' she thought.

That was probably why he rejected Rinea's invitation to help her just few hours before the ball, making the girl run to Tasia immediately the afternoon without prior note.

'That sly so called brother of mine...'

She surely was going to make him pay for this lost afternoon.

Pray for me, please.

A loud laugh was heard inside Tasia's mind. She almost felt like it was behind her eyes making her lose her sight for short moments brightening her.

You want a god to pray for you? That's a first.

I'm sure Cassian has asked you more absurd things, stated Tasia dryly.

You can beat him, though. Your mind is a very strange place, little princess.

Tasia suppressed a frown at the nickname. Leya, a the goddess of light and the so called Creator of all, was the only one that liked to call her little princess. Addressing someone of no royal lineage as a princess was strange, though. Even for a goddess.

Well, I have heard that before. Cassian as not very picky with his words towards me.

He was, in fact, one of the few who were too open to speak about her flaws in front of her. In other words, insulting her.